Chapter 23

WYEAR23

Melissa McCall sat up quickly, taking quick short breaths as she looked around.

"Hey! Hey, you alright?" She looked across the dark room to see Sheriff Stilinski tied up similar to her and looking panicked. She took a deep breath and looked around again, taking in the shelves and storage spaces.

"Where are we?"

The sheriff sighed. "I don't know." He looked around too, voicing his suspicions. "Looks like a root cellar to me but she called it something different."

Melissa looked over, knowing who he was talking about.

"She called it a nemeton." The two of them looked around frantically, before they were frightened by a gasp.

Levi tried to jump up, but she found her wrists her tied behind her back with rope and there was a wooden beam holding them too. She craned her head round to look at the rope, noticing the purple flowers attached to it. She groaned.

"Wolfsbane." She muttered and her hearing caught onto two frightened heartbeats. She looked properly at where she was and she noticed two other people tied up. Her eyes turned red so she could see clearly in the darkness and she heard them both gasp.

"What the hell happened?" Levi croaked out and she heard the voices speak at the same time.

"Levi?" She recognised them immediately and tensed up.

"Sheriff? Mrs McCall?" The woman sighed.

"You're okay? Are you still hurt?" Levi looked down to see the wound had closed up and all that was left was the blood stains. She muttered that she was fine and the sheriff sighed happily.

"So, you going to wolf out and get us out of these?" Levi felt sick. He was so relieved that she could help them but the wolfsbane was making it virtually impossible. She let her eyes return to brown as she looked over at the parents.

"Guys, I can't. There's wolfsbane on the rope. If I shift, I'll die."

----_____---------

Derek grabbed Stiles' fist and looked around the elevator. "Where's Jennifer?"

Stiles groaned. "Gone, with Scott's mum and Levi. And if that wasn't a kick to the balls, Scott joined Deucalion to save his mum. We've got to get you out of here, the police are coming."

---____----

Isaac, Allison and Chris turned around as Derek's car pulled up to them. He got out and they all turned to look as he lifted Cora into his car.

"Where's Stiles, Scott, Melissa and Levi?" He ignored the last three names.

"Stiles' is back at the hospital, he's holding off the police for us." He closed the door. "We have to go right now."

Chris stepped forward. "Where's Scott, Melissa and Levi?" Derek looked sadly over at them.

"Jennifer took Melissa and Levi." Chris looked down in anger and Allison continued to look at Derek.

"What about Scott?" Derek ignored her and walked over to the driver seat. "Derek! Where's Scott?"

He turned around slowly, not wanting to have to tell them all. "Scott joined Deucalion."

-------______--------

Levi looked over at the sheriff and Melissa. She thought it all through.

There was five target groups: Virgins, Warriors, Healers, Philosophers and Guardians. And Deaton told her she belonged to all of them, which Jennifer had said she would make the ultimate sacrifice. They all already decided she had used the first four and was on to Guardians.

Melissa was Scott's guardian as Sheriff Stilinski was Stiles'.

Levi hit her head against the beam and the two adults looked over at her.

"Levi?" She turned to look at them, her eyes shining red.

"It's Chris Argent. The third sacrifice is Chris Argent. Guardians, like Parent or Guardian." She growled and the two sighed in despair.

The lights went out and they all heard rummaging and when they came back on a few minutes after, Levi knew she was right.

Tied to the post beside her was Chris Argent, and Levi moved forward slightly only to feel the wolfsbane burn into her wrists. She watched as Jennifer take the knife from his ankle boot and Levi growled, only to get her ear scratched by the knife hurling towards her. Jennifer walked over and removed the knife from the wood and tightening the rope so more of the wolfsbane was on her skin.

The woman laughed and disappeared, Levi feeling more pain going through her body.

"You alright over there?" Chris looked over to see Sheriff Stilinski staring at him intently and he started taking deep breaths, hoping it was going to be fine.

"Chris?" He looked over to see Melissa McCall tied up and he sighed deeply, knowing Jennifer as getting what she needed.

He moved around, twisting his body to reach for where he had stored the knife and Connor spoke up.

"It's no use, we watched her take your ankle knife." He looked over at the girl and noticed the purple plant on the rope. He sighed sadly and looked at her.

"Wolfsbane." She nodded and winced as her skin came in contact with it again.

Light filtered into the cellar as the doors above them opened and Jennifer appeared, smirking at them all.

"Argent. The French word for silver. Almost makes you uncomfortable, doesn't it Levi?" Levi snarled at her, the alpha's eyes turning red and her canines coming out.

Jennifer ignored her and dabbed at the blood on Chris' head.

"What's the Argent code? We hunt those who hunt us. Hope you don't mind if I borrow it for a bit, I've been hunted." She looked over at Levi.

Chris broke her gaze. "Don't pretend like we're the same cause."

"You are making this world safer for your children." Jennifer sighed and turned to look at Melissa. "Well, most of them."

Levi had enough. She didn't care if it would kill her, if it gave her a small chance of getting to Jennifer, she was taking it. She growled and shifted completely, ignoring the pain from the wolfsbane as she broke the restraints on her.

She stood up, her eyes shining a searing red and she roared loudly. Jennifer turned around to face her in shock and the adults watched with wide eyes.

Levi was glad it didn't kill her, but it did make her weaker. She lunged towards Jennifer who grabbed her by the neck and threw her against the stairs. Levi got back up and lunged again, managing to claw her face and draw blood.

Jennifer yelled angrily and stormed over to her, grabbing her throat and pinning the young alpha against the wall of the cellar and holding her so her feet weren't on the ground. Levi smirked down at her and Jennifer growled.

"You can't kill me now. You'll lose a sacrifice and it's not like there's a lot of my type running around." Jennifer screamed in anger and slammed her into the ground, causing Levi's arm to gain some cuts. The Darach smirked down at the teenager.

"You're right, I cant kill you. But I can pour mistletoe on you." She pulled out a small bottle full of powered mistletoe and let it fall into Levi's cut. Levi roared and immediately shifted back, while Jennifer tied her back up but stronger this time.