Chapter 27

The shelves started falling over and they all made for the exit, but the stairs crumbled, leaving them with no way of escape. Levi snarled, she wasn't giving up yet.

The roof fell further in, making them all lie down on the ground and Isaac and Levi looked at each other, an idea forming.

As the roof fell, Isaac and Levi grabbed onto it, pushing it but only managing to keep it steady. Levi's eyes glowed red while Isaac's glowed yellow and they growled with the effort.

Isaac looked over at Levi. "IS IT ME OR IS THIS PLACE GETTING SMALLER?" Levi roared as she pressed it up harder and Isaac growled too.

Levi could hear the parents behind her getting more worried and she looked over at the three parents and Allison.

As they all tried to hold it up, the parents and Allison joining in, Isaac confirmed their fears.

"I can't do it, it's the lunar ellipse." They all looked at him before Levi remembered what Jennifer had told her.

"I can." She shifted again, her eyes red and she pushed with all her might, the roof shifting upwards. They all shared hopeful looks and Allison was the first to properly watch Levi's eyes. They were red but they were changing. She squinted to see it clearer and Levi's eyes had turned a bright emerald green, causing her to gasp slightly.

As Levi pushed, she looked over at the sheriff. "Stiles is here."

An aluminium baseball bat was shoved in between the floor and roof and it stopped moving, letting Levi fall to the ground in exhaustion.

Stiles looked at Levi. "Levi, you're some almightily powerful wolf right now aren't you?"

She nodded and he turned serious. "Go help Scott. Smell him." She nodded and took off, jumping out of the hole Stiles had appeared from, and catching Scott's scent instantly.

She reached the large warehouse and she was grabbed by the back of the neck before being thrown in, crashing into Scott. He looked up at her and saw her eyes glowing green.

He got up and helped her up, with Deucalion and Derek looking over at her. "You're powers are doubled, kill her." Deucalion ordered and Scott looked over at her, placing his hand on her arm and shaking his head.

"Don't let him make you kill people." Levi's eyes hardened.

"It's a bit too late for that, isn't it Levi?" They all turned to see The Darach walk in.

She slammed Scott backwards into some pipes before attacking Deucalion. She slammed his head repeatedly against the ground before Derek stood up, holding out his hand.

"Jennifer! He doesn't know!"

"KNOW WHAT?"

"What you really look like. He doesn't know the cost of bringing Kali into his pack. He's never seen the price you paid."

"No, no he hasn't." The Darach crouched down beside him, placing her hand over his eyes. Deucalion screamed as his eyes were fixed and he looked around.

He looked at Jennifer who went to attack him but she fell backwards, Derek catching her.

"What is this?" Jennifer asked confused.

"Healing him made you weak, just like Cora did to me. You won't have your strength for a few minutes."

"Then you do it. Kill him."

"No."

Jennifer looked confused. "What?"

"Like my mother used to say, I'm a predator but I don't have to be a killer." He tightened his grip around her neck and snarled. "Let them go."

Levi rushed forward, placing her hand on his arm. "Derek, they're safe. We got them." Derek let Jennifer drop to the floor but she got up and pushed him into the boxes.

She slapped him and Levi pushed herself up, grabbing onto Jennifer. Jennifer spun around and shoved her out of the way while she hit Derek against the box repeatedly and lifted him up.

Levi tackled Jennifer again, letting Derek drop to the ground. She growled at Jennifer, her eyes bright green and Jennifer snarled. She picked up Levi and threw her down on the floor before picking Derek up again.

Levi felt her extra power fade and she could see in the small puddle she was looking at that her eyes had turned back to red.

"Your 15 minutes are up." Derek shifted and shoved Jennifer off him. She hit the ground and they all rushed forward to stop just as Jennifer threw her hand in the air and released a circle of black powder, with Levi trapped inside with her. Jennifer picked up Levi by the neck and held onto her throat.

"Like I told you Derek, either you or the parents. I guess I'll just have to take Levi now, considering the parents are safe. In a few minutes I won't need a lunar ellipse to defeat you, even a demon wolf."

Scott glared at her and walked towards the edge of the circle, Jennifer's grasp tightening on Levi's throat. Levi wheezed but Jennifer didn't loosen her grip.

Scott placed both his hands against the ring.

"You've tried this before Scott. I don't remember you having much success."

Scott pushed against the barrier, his eyes locked on Jennifer's and Levi gasped as her hold got tighter as she realised Scott was breaking the barrier.

Levi smiled as Scott's eyes turned red and she smashed the barrier causing Jennifer to fall to the floor. Levi tumbled down too, groaning.

"How did you do that?" Jennifer asked shocked, while Levi lay on her back, taking deep breaths and re-filling her lungs.

"I'm an alpha now." Levi smiled at Scott and he smiled back. "Whatever you're doing to cause the storm: make it stop or I'll kill you myself and I don't care what it does to the colour of my eyes."

Deucalion got up. "It won't change the colour of mine, so allow me." He lunged forward and slashed her throat.

They watched as she changed back into the true form of the Darach and gasped for breath. The Darach looked up at them all for her dying breath and held out her hand. The four werewolves watched in confusion as she flicked her hand in the direction of Levi.

She fell to the ground dead and they all looked at each other confused. Levi felt a sharp pain in her stomach and she looked down to see a small knife, piercing through her stomach. The three other werewolves turned to look and she looked over at Deucalion, then Scott and finally Derek.

She felt her head get dizzy and she felt Derek wrap his arms around her as he lowered her to the ground. Levi realised she wasn't healing and smiled at Derek, stoking his cheek with her hand.

"I'm so glad I found you... thank bro." She smiled at Scott and Deucalion even though he had put her through hell, he taught her how to survive.

Derek held onto her hand, tears pouring down her face. "Heal! For goodness sake Levi, HEAL!" He yelled but Levi smiled one last time and her eyes shifted upwards, her smile gone from her face.