Chapter 24

WYEAR24

Levi had realised she had passed out until she opened her eyes. There was a loud high-pitched ringing and she let out a whine, covering her ears with her hands. The adults all looked over at her, before Chris smiled sadly at her.

"Sorry Levi, it's our last chance." She nodded but kept her hands over her ears.

-----________---------

While they filled the three tanks with water and ice, the five teenagers were asking Deaton questions.

"So, basically you all become powerless during a lunar eclipse?" Stiles double checked and Deaton made a weird noise. They all turned to face him and he spoke up.

"Almost all. Apart from one, but it doesn't seem like it's going to matter right now." Stiles' leaned forward and shook his head.

"WHO?" They all jumped at his tone and he quickly apologized.

"It's called a pentagonum wolf." Deaton started but Lydia cut him off.

"They belong to all five sacrifice groups." Everyone turned to look at her in shock and she looked up, her mouth open in disbelief. "Jennifer mentioned it, when she tried to kill me. I know who it is. Oh my god, it's Levi."

Deaton nodded and Scott sighed. "But Levi's not here is she?" He pointed out by Deaton interrupted him.

"While everyone else loses their powers, Levi's power doubles. She'll be able to stand more pain, she'll be twice as strong and her urge to protect everyone will become extortionate. We're lucky she's on our side, or this could get a whole load worse."

-----_______-------

Levi became accustomed to the high pitched noise and soon managed to block it out before she sat up, looking at her mistletoe infected cut. She placed her hand over it and concentrated hard, watching as her veins dilated and the mistletoe slowly faded away from the cut.

Chris looked over at her. "How in the world did you do that?" He asked, shock across his face. No other werewolves have ever been able to do that.

The doors opened again and they all groaned as Jennifer walked in. She smirked at them all but her smile faded once she looked over at Levi.

"Sometimes I forget all the qualities of a pentagonum wolf. The ability to heal faster and take away mistletoe, but mainly what happens to you on a lunar ellipse." All the adults and Levi looked at her in confusion.

She looked at Levi and laughed. "Oh, you don't know?"

Jennifer sat down on a chair she had pulled up and looked around at all of them. "What happens on a lunar ellipse to werewolves?" She pointed at Chris and he answered.

"They lose all their powers."

"Correct. Now, what happens to a pentagonum wolf during a lunar ellipse?" She looked around at them and the silence between all of them. "No-one? Well, a pentagonum wolf doesn't lose their powers, they become twice as powerful."

Levi's eyes widened and they all turned to look at her, sharing her shock. Jennifer continued with her story.

"So that's where Levi now makes a choice. I can kill you three and use you as sacrifices, or Levi can join me and kill all the alphas. If Levi fails, I'll come back and sacrifice you. Levi, what's your answer?" She narrowed her eyes and nodded slowly.

"As long as you promise you will not lay a hand on anyone else." Jennifer promised and undid Levi's holdings.

Chris looked over at Levi, after thining her proposition through again. He realised Jennifer's wording and yelled out to her.

"Levi! Change your mind! She said all the alphas, so that means including Scott and Derek!" Levi stopped short and turned around facing a smirking Jennifer. Levi's heart sank and she realised it was either kill her brother and Scott, or kill the parents.

Levi studied all three of them before turning to face Jennifer. "I will not help you, but I will not let innocents die." Jennifer laughed and Levi narrowed her eyes in confusion as Jennifer started to mock her.

"'I will not let innocents die'. Coming from you. I know the real colour of your eyes before you were an alpha and I know exactly how you got them."

The three adults shared confused looks as Levi looked like a deer caught in headlights at Jennifer's words.

"They were not my fault." Levi reasoned but her voice shook and cracked with the few words. Jennifer laughed and looked at the teenage alpha.

"Really? I think murdering five people is the murderer's fault, and in your case, the murderer was you, wasn't it Levi?" Levi closed her eyes as Jennifer brought up memories she had tried so hard to forget.

Jennifer kicked Levi's feet out from underneath her and the girl fell to the ground, Jennifer tying her back up again before leaving.

The adults turned to look at her once Jennifer had closed the doors again.

"Levi? What was that about?" Melissa asked quietly and Levi opened her eyes, looking at the three.

"Alpha's have red eyes, Beta's – like Scott and Isaac – have yellow eyes and some beta's have blue eyes when they shift. Yellow and red eyes are natural, everyone has yellow to start, some change to red or some stay. Blue eyes are different, when you have blue eyes, it means you've killed an innocent."

The adults took the information in and nodded. Levi continued.

"Derek and Peter have blue eyes; Derek killed his girlfriend Paige after one of the alphas had bit her but she was dying so he ended her life quickly, and Peter was obviously behind all the murders last year or so."

They nodded again, understanding the girl.

"I..." She trailed off, taking a deep breath. "I have blue eyes too. I met Deucalion when his pack were passing through my old town. It was my first time meeting him, but he had already met me when he wiped my memories as a child. I had a pack, I had killed an alpha before I had my pack. He had came at me and I shoved him away and he broke his neck, transferring his power to me."

They all nodded and Chris spoke up. "You were an accidental alpha." She nodded and continued.

"I met some omegas in a small town, they were technically all beta's but they had no alpha. The formed a pack with me, and we were close. I loved them and they loved me."

"What happened?" The sheriff asked, knowing the way Levi was talking about them meant they were dead.

"Deucalion, like I said before, was passing through and he arranged a friend alpha to alpha chat while out packs laughed with each other. He told me about a new pack he was making, and then he revealed he was my father. I believed him, and I still have no clue why. So he told me I needed to kill my pack, and that it would be better for them."

Levi paused and leaned her head on the wooden beam.

"I killed them. They begged for my mercy but I was so brainwashed by Deucalion that I didn't stop. I've regretted it ever since."