Chapter 7

Deucalion turned to face Levi as they pulled up to the school. He had a disappointed look on his face.

"Your pack brothers have got themselves into a spot of trouble." She rolled her eyes and they got out of the car and walked into the school. The first thing she spotted was Isaac and Scott lying on the ground and Aiden and Ethan had combined to make that really weird wolf that creeped the life out of Levi.

Deucalion walked angrily over to the twins and they un combined. He slashed their cheeks with the tips of his walking stick and Levi clenched her hands, hating how he always did that to everyone including her. She noticed Scott and Isaac looking shocked and she reached down, helping both of them up even though her dad would be annoyed at her.

Deucalion turned his head in the direction of his daughter and spoke. "Pack is pack." She gulped and he too swung his cane across her face, leaving a deeper cut across her face, right above her eyebrow. Isaac and Scott looked even more shocked, they had been called by Derek and he had mentioned they were father and daughter but for him to punish her like everyone else was unbelievable. What they didn't know was that she was punished the most for simple things, and it was in her dad's terms for her "to mature and understand how to lead alphas".

Isaac couldn't help but think about his father and wanted to reach out to the girl but he had to remind himself she was an alpha and had killed the girl that saved him. She let go of the two werewolves and followed after her dad, walking in between the twins.

Isaac opened his mouth. "What the hell was that?" Scott knew.

"Deucalion. Why do I get the feeling he isn't the best father in the world?" Scott muttered and Isaac knew the answer to that.

"He reminds me of my father." That was all that needed to be said for the boys to worry.

---------__________------------

Levi looked up from her English assignment to see Kali smiling at her.

"We're going to grab some take-away, want to come? Your father is staying but the rest of us are going." Kali offered and Levi shook her head, she had been needed an opportunity like this. Kali accepted her answer and her, Ennis and the twins left the apartment.

The second Levi heard the car pull away, she turned to the desk where her bookmarker was and she slipped it into the page. She stood up and walked towards the dining room where her father was reading a book using brail.

"Levi. Come, sit." He heard her walk in and by judging her heartbeat, she had something to ask him.

"No." Her voice was strained and he turned around to where she had been standing. No-one else in the pack tended to look at his eyes out of respect for their alpha but she had the nerve.

"Excuse me?" He asked, his voice sounding threatening but also confused. Levi crossed her arms over her chest.

"What aren't you telling me? Ever since we've moved here you've become distant and not trusting me with anything! I'm the second in command, yet you'd rather trust Kali or Ennis or even the twins! It was fine when we had Boyd and Erica but the second we captured Cora Hale, you lost trust in me. Why?" She ranted and a stern look crossed his face.

He stood up and used his walking stick to find her feet. He lifted his hand and his claws extended, before he swiped it across her stomach in one movement that caused Levi to be so shocked she fell to the ground clutching her stomach as blood oozed out of her fingers. She looked up at him and he could hardly look at her. She groaned as she felt a rush of blood leaking out around her and she saw the puddle she was now kneeling in grow larger.

"So much like your mother. Never question my motives again." He said and she pushed herself up off the ground carefully, still holding on to her stomach and trying to stop the blood loss as best as she could. She made it back to her room and lay down for a while, hoping the pain would fade. She knew the bleeding had stopped but it wasn't healing as it came from the alpha of alphas so she stuck a pad over the slashes using some medical tape and hoped it wouldn't affect anything at the cross-country meet. It was still sore though and she really knew he was pushing her temper now.

Soon after, her pack returned and although they could sense she was hurt and they could smell the blood, they knew it had been done by Deucalion so no-one mentioned it. They were all talking to Deucalion but Levi didn't want to see the man at that moment but he apparently wanted to see her. The whole pack let apart from him and he was about to leave when he turned to Levi.

"We have stuff to attend to as a pack. However, after tonight's display of lacking trust, I feel you better miss this one out. We'll be back later. Go to sleep at the normal time even if we aren't back."

He left, holding on to Kali's arm for guidance and Levi found herself staring after him, shocked and annoyed that he would just leave her behind for voicing her thoughts and opinions. What annoyed her even more was that the twins, Kali and Ennis didn't even spare her a glance, like they were disappointed in her too.

Levi had her mind set on one thing though after her one sided conversation with Deucalion: he was hiding something from her. Attacking her when she presumed something, not letting her go with the pack on a pack issue, getting everyone to ignore her – it was all part of whatever he was hiding from her and she was going to find out what it was.