Chapter 13 - Dylan's POV

It had been several days since my father informed me of my pairing with the Autumn Moon Beta's daughter. We were currently awaiting her arrival on the front steps of the main house when the sound of car tires on gravel met our ears. When a black Buick pulled towards the house my parents went down the stairs and stopped at the base to welcome them.

Once the car had stopped and shut off the passenger side door opened and Autumn Moon Beta Christopher stepped out and shut his door moving to the rear passenger side door and opening it. I was making my way down the stairs when the  young woman stepped out of the car and straightened out her shirt. She looked around with a look similar to worry and possibly a hint of fear, she turned and grabbed a backpack from the seat before closing the car door and turning towards us.

I stopped next to my parents who were welcoming our guests and introduced myself to the Beta who then turned towards his daughter.

"I want to thank you for welcoming us into your territory and home. It's a pleasure to finally meet you Dylan, I've heard much about you from your parents and ally packs." he paused wrapping an arm around his daughter drawing our attention to her. "This is my daughter Audrey. She didn't just accept this union to strengthen our two packs but she has been hoping for a union for a while now."

"It's great to meet you Audrey. Dylan why don't you show her around the house while we finish up some last minute things with Beta Christopher." my father spoke up.

I nodded, "C'mon Audrey." I offered her my hand and almost thought she wasn't going to take it until she put her hand in mine and stepped up next to me.

I led her up the stairs and into the house giving her a brief tour of the first floor. I took her straight upstairs to the top floor and explained that the other floors were for the Betas and the wolves who helped out around the house such as cooking and cleaning. When we got to the top floor I explained that my parents lived on one side of the top floor and we had the other side of the floor.

I made my way to our side and she followed. I gave her a small tour pointing her in the direction of my office, the spare bedroom, my bedroom, and the other two rooms which still remained empty.

"You can take the spare if you don't want to share a room yet. There's extra towels, blankets and sheets in the hall closet if you need anything." I told her.

"No it's fine. Our parents are already forcing this on us we may as well play along." she spoke up.

I nodded in agreement. I moved aside as she walked into the room and placed her bag on the floor up against the wall.

I watched her and really looked at her for the first time since she got here. Her long brown hair had a slight curl to it and came down to the middle of her back. She was slim and short, about a foot shorter than me and as she scanned the room before turning to me again I noticed her eyes were green.

"Audrey! Come down here I'm leaving." her father called from the bottom of the stairs.

"I'll be right down!" she called back before glancing at me and moving towards the stairs.

I followed her back downstairs and waited for her as she said goodbye to her father. He thanked my parents once again before he left and walking down the stairs and getting back into the car.

Audrey watched the car pull away from the house and down the drive before disappearing around the corner. Only then did she seem to relax as she let out a sigh and her shoulders seemed to sag. My parents had already left so it was just the two of us in the front hall.

I closed the door which snapped her back to reality.

"I'm sorry. It's just that my parents aren't the best and I don't trust them to not come back and take me home." her voice wavered slightly at the end.