Chapter 2 - Tyler's POV

*Language warning

After the fight with the rogues I seemed to have redeemed myself to Lena when I backed her up against my father and the rogue Alpha Sam. We agreed that since she was technically the born Alpha of Blue Rock, she had the power to appoint someone to take over the pack. She assigned Sebastian and I to take lead of the pack while she was dealing with final arrangements in Black Moon about combining the two packs.

Out first major assignment we were given was to comb through the list of pack members that had participated in the fight and find out who was forced to fight and who willingly volunteered. After several pages of names we'd come to the assumption that those from the original Blue Rock and who actually cared about Lena was forced. The wolves from my dads pack originally called Red Stone were willing volunteers.

Those that were forced were forgiven and told to stay low for a while until things calmed down. We gave an ultimatum for the rest: banishment from the pack and become a rogue or they can swear by their crimes and remain in the pack with the threat that if they make another mistake they're gone. 

We were nearing the end of the list one morning when I felt something off.

Wess whined in my head. "Something's not right. I can feel that someone's link isn't the same as it used to be."

I took my wolf's statement seriously. He was right, there was something wrong. I looked up at Sebastian and eyed him, he seemed distant possibly communicating with his wolf or someone else.

"Please tell me your wolf felt it too." he said.

I nodded. Reach out and do a quick check on everyone, I'll do the same.

I focused and reached out to Sabrina.

"You alright?" I asked her.

Her response was immediate. "I'm fine. What's wrong?"

"Wess sensed something off with the link. Trying to locate who it is." I responded.

"Try reaching out to family. Isn't your mom still out there, maybe it could be her." she suggested.

"We found her a few days ago at the bottom of a ravine. I'm here with Sebastian but it could be another family member, thank you and I'll get back once I find out who it is." I disconnected the link and back into reality.

"It's Lena." Sebastian answered as soon as I focused back onto my surroundings.

"What do you mean it's Lena? Dylan or Duke would have gotten in contact if something happened to her." I pulled my phone out hoping for a missed call or even a text from one of them.

"She was the first link I tried and all I got was a wall I couldn't get through. I then tried calling and didn't get any response not even with Sky." he answered.

"Sky might be busy, he has his mate Lexi now and they're supposed to be heading back here within the next few days. What about Duke's mate, have you tried her yet?" I asked a little hopeful.

"I did and I didn't get anything back from her either. I can try again but what could that do?"

"I wouldn't worry about it now. She just got released from the medic two weeks ago so that could be a reason for her distance, trying to focus all energy on healing rather than the link communication. As for everyone else they might be on a hunt and when they get back and see missed calls from you they'll get back in contact. They also have their own to worry about with the damage the rogues did to their own pack." I reminded him.

He nodded and picked up his pen before getting back to work.

"We think it's Lena but we don't know for sure." I sent the quick message to Sabrina before getting back to my own work in front of me.