18. The Talk

Hermione rolled over in bed, turning off her alarm the second it began to scream. A sleepless night. She stared up at the ceiling with a deep sigh. “I need to get my shit together,” She told herself under her breath as she crawled into her bathroom, ready to start a new day.

---

Draco looked up at the ceiling, staring off into space. He hadn’t slept at all last night. He was too busy fighting with himself. “Do I love her?” He asked himself, furrowing his eyebrows. He placed a hand over his chest. “Do I love Hermione Granger?” Draco repeated and felt no jump or racing heartbeat. With a small grin, he sat up. “No, I don’t love her.” He said with a relieved sigh, getting up and walking into his bathroom to start a new day.

He walked into his kitchen to see an owl sitting patiently by the window sill. He curiously walked over, opening his window and letting the owl inside. The owl looked familiar. “Mother,” He answered for himself, taking the parchment and reading it. “Good morning, Draco. I hope you don’t mind, but I’ll be stealing Hermione for the day. I want to start planning for the wedding. Much love, Narcissa.” He read aloud, his eyes widening once the words sank in. “Shit,” Draco ran into his bedroom, grabbing his phone. He quickly dialed Hermione’s number but there was no answer. “Shit!”

Without another second, he grabbed his jacket, rushing out of his flat.

---

Hermione got out of the bathroom, running her hands through her wet curls. She felt much more alive with a shower. She walked into the kitchen and took out the battery charger from her phone. She checked for notifications when something caught her eye. A missed call from Draco. She stared at his name for a while before she placed her phone down, flipping it over so she couldn’t see the screen. Shaking her head, she walked behind the counter to look into the refrigerator, Before she could think about making breakfast, there was a knock at her door.

Hermione sighed, walking over to her door. “Who is it?” She asked, opening the door. She gasped as she quickly fixed her shirt. “Oh, Narcissa, so nice of you to … visit me.” Hermione said awkwardly with a grin. “Uh, come in! Please, come in.”

“Thank you, dear.” Narcissa said with a grin, walking in and immediately scanning the flat. Hermione nervously looked around her flat to see if she had to clean anything. Thankfully, it was spotless. “Oh, dear, you should add some more color into your decor. It’s so dull,” Narcissa commented with a grin, sitting on the couch.

Hermione cracked a grin, not knowing whether that was an insult or a suggestion. It sounded a lot like an insul--

“Aren’t you bringing some tea for me?”

Hermione nodded, quickly running into the kitchen to brew some tea. “Uh, so what brings you here so early in the morning?”

“Oh, I wanted to get a jump start of the wedding. How about you and me start planning for the wedding? I really do wish you and Draco can do it as quick as possible.” She insisted with bright eyes.

Hermione wanted to scream. She shifted uncomfortably as she got their tea ready. “Oh, is that so?” She asked, walking over and handing Narcissa a cup of tea. She sat down and sipped her tea. “I thought we were going to wait a while before we even began talking about the wedding,”