20. The Complication

AN: Sorry for such a long wait. I had some family probs so I was unable to come on wattpad much to update! but here it is & it's a very long one! :D

---

Hermione slammed down a glass on the kitchen counter as she giggled uncontrollably. She swayed recklessly on her stool as she hummed a little tune, planting her elbow on the counter and leaning her chin on the palm of her hand. She giggled to herself once more and turned to face Draco with droopy eyes. “You’re a good guy, Malfoy.” Hermione slurred, her sentences barely comprehensible. “You pretend to act so … cold and mean but really you’re-you’re like a …” She sighed, leaning out and straightening her back. “You’re like a teddy bear, you’re so sweet and so nice.” She complimented him with another smile. Looking pleased with herself, she got right back to her previous pose and leaned against her hand. “I like you, Malfoy.”

Draco sighed as he looked at Hermione. Her hair was a mess, her cheeks were incredibly red, and she was completely intoxicated. “Granger, perhaps, you should stop drinking. It’s past three in the morning and I think you’re going to regret this in the morning.” He said, placing his hands over her shoulders, trying to steady her balance.

Hermione furrowed her eyebrows, pouting as she slapped his hands off of her “No, the night is still young … we’re still young, we can have a few more.” She claimed, smiling as she looked down at her attire. She was wearing one of Draco’s dress shirts while her clothes were in the dryer. She gasped at the sight of his dress shirt and looked up at him with wide eyes. “What is this? What am I wearing?” She asked incredulously and suddenly narrowed her eyes on Draco. She leaned in close to him until they were just a few centimeters away from each other. “Did we … sleep together?” She asked and immediately started laughing, falling over her chair.

Draco quickly caught her just before she hit the ground and groaned. “You’re drunk. No, you need to sleep.” He said firmly, carrying her into his bedroom. He placed her gently on his bed and pulled the covers over her quickly. “Granger, talk to me in the morning … when you’re sane and well.” He said, fixing the covers once more before getting up to leave.

Hermione caught a hold of his hand and pulled him back. “Malfoy ... “ She whispered, staring up at him with her big eyes. “Don’t leave me …” The words got caught in her throat, barely coming out in an audible whisper. She shut her eyes, tightening her grip on his hand. “Everyone keeps leaving me … but you’re the only one who stays.”

He sucked in a breath as he looked down at her. “Granger, what are you …”

Hermione turned to her side so that she was staring up at Draco. “Did you know, Ginny and Harry are expecting a baby.” She revealed with a sad smile as she sighed. “Is it bad that I’m … jealous of them? That I’m not happy for them?” She whispered, closing her eyes as she placed hand over her eyes as if to conceal the tears that were threatening to spill out. “That’s what I want … I don’t want to make Ron jealous or … or anything. I just want to get married to someone I love and-and start a family of my own.” She revealed, her voice barely audible as her shoulders began to shake.

Draco gently sat down on the bed, staring at Hermione with a sigh. What was he supposed to do? No, there was nothing he could do.

Hermione sniffled as she wiped away her tears, looking over at Draco with a small laugh. “I’m sorry, I’m acting so stupid right now.”