Chapter 31: The Ultimate Lucky Student and the talentless Neet

1st person POV:
"Are you sure you are gonna do this??" Teruteru asks

"Yep." I reply

"I mean he is very dangerous ya know?? We shouldn't feed him!!"

"Hanamura-san, I know what are you saying but we can't just let him die. Just keep him in there is enough."

"...Fine, I will do it. It is just because you said so. In return can you..."

"No."

"Ehh?? But I haven't said anything??"

"Whatever, I don't think it will be something good."

"...Ok just wait here." Teruteru brings out some food

"Wow, you cooked this much?"

"That is a person's portion!! I'm a chef after all!! If someone wants to eat, I will serve them at my fullest!!"

"Wow, that is something..."

"And they may pay..."

"Nevermind I will go now."

.

I enter the old louge's office where Nagito is chained up.

"Oi, wake up." I kick him

[TALKING TIME]
[Start]

Nagito: Onigawara-kun? Ah. You came all the way here just to bring someone like me some food? That makes me so happy!

Nagito: I'm sorry I can't be a better host, but as you can see, I'm a little... tied up at the moment. In any case, make yourself at home.

Shin: No shit, I have eyes to see, it is not hard to notice a fricking chain tie you up. Also here is your food.

Nagito: Huh? Aren't you going to feed me? I can't eat by myself. See? My hands aren't exactly free...

Shin:...Fine. Then let's play a game shall we?

Nagito: A game?

Shin: Each time I feed you, answer my question truthfully.

Nagito: I don't mind but what does an Ultimate want to know from me?

Shin: It is not your business. Here first one.

Nagito: It is very delicious. I guess that this is Hanamura-kun's dish right? As expected from the Ultimate Chef.

Shin: First question, do you feel guilty after attempting to murder?

Nagito: Not at all of course!!! It is all for the sake of hope!!

Shin:...Do you need to go that far for your twisted hope?

Nagito: Twisted? I don't think that is a right word. That is the absolute hope that can't be denied!!

Shin:...

Nagito: I won't blame you if you don't understand. After all you are ab Ultimate, you are one of the chosen worthy one!

Nagito: Worthy people and worthless people are set apart from the moment they're born. Worthless people can try all they want. But they'll never achieve worth...

Shin: (...)

Nagito: Thinking that hard work leads to success is a gross misunderstanding. The world is not that simple. A small dog can't make itself big just by working... A penguin will never be able to fly, no matter how hard it tries...

Nagito: In other words... everything worthless people do is, in fact, worthless. Talent isn't something you can just... get. You have to be born with it. That's right... just like you guys were. That's why I revere all of you.