Chapter 54: Progression

1st person POV:
"Yo, old man, have some free time?"

Currently, I am in the library, talking to the one and only Hashimoto Syoubai.

"What do you want to say?" the said person placed his book down

"Work with me."

"What? This is the first time you demanded something from me. Anyway, you want to do business it seems." he smirked

"Well yeah, exactly."

"I am hearing"

"It is simple, join our group."

"You mean your little group with the boxer and space boy?"

"Of course you already know."

"Frankly, your choice in partner is terrible this time, bringing victim and culprit in one group?"

"Well that is the reason I chose them in the first place."

"...Continue."

"Well as I said, I need you to work with us, I already had some Monocoin in case you ask for some."

"You didn't answer my main problem... What is this group for?"

"...Preventing deaths in this school trip."

"...You are asking me of all people to protect people, again, your choice in partners is a weird thing... Beside I can think of at least some people who would be willing to join you then I am."

"Sure, they are. But, you are the most trustworthy one for now. We did things for money, so as long as you don't need to risk your life, you will do your job."

"Well that is how this world works after all. Full mark, I am in, what do you want me to do?"

"Can you monitor Otonokoji Kanade's action?"

"Hm... The little shit huh? That girl is a very weird one for sure. You know her or something?"

"Well... Yeah, but I don't know her full capabilities now so I need you to watch over her."

"...Fine."

"Also, don't underestimate her, keep your guard everytime and observe her at a safe distance."

"Sound like a dangerous one huh? Well, job accepted, now pay at advance."

"Okay how much."

"10% of it, 1000 Monocoin."

"Damn you greedy old man, good things I already prepared it."

I used my handbook to transfer the coins to Syoubai.

"Heh, good, I will get to the job right away."

Syoubai stood up and placed his currently reading book back on the bookshelf.

"Ah right, forget this. Brat, I don't know what are you planning to do, saving people left and right like that but... Remember what I said before, don't worry about other people's problems."

With that Syoubai left the room.

"I know... However, I made a promise with him."

.

3rd person POV:

In the training room, two people are exercising together.

Emma: So how is it?

Hajime: Well, losing the right of students sure is hard but still managable.

Emma: So Onigawara really did as Sannoji predicted...