Chapter 2

Amynta was currently doing everything she could to stop herself from throwing a punch at her prepping team who were waxing and plucking her while she stood naked. She would have felt humiliated but was too angry for that right now. 

Right after the three plucking hens were satisfied with her, they ran out to get her stylist. Amynta immediately threw on a thin gown and sat down on a chair with her legs crossed, glowering at the door.

"Did they go a bit overboard? You look annoyed as hell."

"More like pissed off and stand-back-or-I'll-bite-your-head-off mad."

"Well, the name's Lina. I'm your stylist and I'm going to make you into a warrior of the sea."

Lina didn't even flinch when she met Amynta's harsh glare and pulled out a blue dress. She had to admit it was beautiful, though. 

"The headpiece does not look like a warrior, Lina."

"But the Capitol likes a little bling, dear. You can't go completely without."

"Something more simple would have been better," she grumbled, but got into them nonetheless. 

After putting on some make up to match the theme, it was time for her to leave for the parade.

"I promise you darling, hold your head up high, be proud, glare and smirk, and you'll have sponsors to last you through the entire game."

"...Thank you, Lina."

Ethan and Finnick met them at their chariot. Ethan was also in his blue warrior costume, looking uncomfortable.

"You look good, Amynta."

"You too, Ethan."

Finnick came over as they climbed on to the chariot.

"Remember. Be proud, be intimidating. Glower at them and let them know you have fire in you."

Then the chariot began to move slowly forward.

Amynta put on a scowl on her face. It was not difficult, since she already felt like shit. She was angry at everything, from her being waxed to just existing here in Panem. She longed for her four-poster bed in her dormitory, the adventures she had at night in the Forbidden Forest for new herbs, making new potions with her father, who always gave her a pat on her head when she succeeded.

Although unknown to her, her thoughts lighted a fire in her eyes. Her coal black eyes somehow became darker, and it glinted dangerously. She stared straight ahead almost growling but the audience loved it. They chanted her name and threw flowers.

Catching a flower that nearly hit her in the face, she glanced to the direction it flew from and smirked, making the crowd go berserk.

As the chariot finally stopped in front of a podium, she immediately began to use legilimency on important looking people. Most of their memories were useless though, except for the fact that President Snow was poisoned and that it never left his system. 

The training started next day and Amynta and Ethan decided it would be best if they stayed together. They focused on improving their fighting techniques while observing other tributes.

"Ethan, do you want to join the career pack?"

"I'm not sure for now. What about you?"

"Maybe it is a good idea to join them. We will survive for the first half of the game if we do."

Ethan looked at her and nodded. 

"Maybe that's for the best. So how do we join them?"

"Simple," Amynta said, picking up a few blades from a dagger throwing station. She flicked her wrist, making them hit dead center of the target one right after the other. She could feel others staring at  them, career pack included.

"We show them how well we fight."