Chapter 3

Since Amynta lived her life as a witch for 15 years, she was far from being athletic. For most stuff she used magic, and when she couldn't use her wand (summer break, for example) she didn't really have the need to attack anyone. Only physical education they had at Hogwarts was Flying, which was for first years, and she never was interested in quidditch. 

Of course, Spinner's End was not a safe place for an underage girl, so she learned some self defense but that's useless compared to the career members of district 1, 2, and  4 who trained all  their lives for the games. 

Amynta never used weapons before. She did use daggers to prepare ingredients for potions but was not fond of stabbing the blade into people. The only reason she picked out a fishing spear for her main weapon was because she went fishing once in a while when she didn't open the apothecary every other week.

===================================

After 3 days of training the day for individual assessment came. Once she entered the room, she picked up one of the fishing spears and twirled it around a bit before plunging it into a dummy's chest. The Gamemakers seemed satisfied with her skills as they waved her out. 

Millie ordered supper for them in front of the gigantic screen so that they could eat while waiting for their training scores. 

Chicken soup, smoked salmon with tartar sauce and diced onions, bacon cream pasta and cheese buns, fruit cake, and wine were laid on the glass table decorated to its utmost glory. Amynta was half way through her pasta  when the screen flickered on.

1 and 2 districts all got high scores ranging from 8 to 10, whereas district 3 both got 4.

"They might have gotten low scores to deceive us."

Then it was district 4's turn.

Ethan's score was a 7, and Amynta got a 10.

"That's partially my fault," muttered Finnick as everyone turned to him. "You use fishing spear not unlike my trident. They might have thought that I taught you something. Also I am your mentor and you gained quite a lot of admirers yourself. You will have a lot of sponsors which makes you have higher chance as a victor."

Right after the meal they began planning for the interview tomorrow. 

"Amynta, smile a couple of times during the interview and the Capitol will fall to your feet. Most tributes will try to smile constantly, or show that they've got no fear, but that's not you. Just keep doing what you've been doing, okay?"

"Right. The dress, Lina?"

"Ready. You don't really have to act to match the concept of the dress, so don't you worry."

Saying that she needed some time for herself before the interview, she retired to her room. Silence settled around her as she just stood there with her eyes closed. Slowly, she reached for a small box she brought from district 4 and cuddled it close. It contained her wand, splintered to tiny pieces.