Chapter 6

Everything happened in a rush. 

She was fished out of arena and was thrown around here and there. Finnick and Mags each pulled her into a bone-crushing hug, then her prep team huddled around her. After few minutes of hugs and praises, she was carted off somewhere to be patched up and cleaned, dressed, and glorified. 

Before she knew it, she was standing behind the stage, waiting for Caesar to welcome her.

With his bright red hair, Caesar announced her name, and Amynta stepped up to him, gently giving him a hug as he motioned her to sit on a plush armchair.

"Amynta, even before the game I'm pretty sure the people of Capitol let you know that you're their favourite. And thankfully you came back to us! We are all very happy that you came out alive, I don't know what would have happened if you didn't. Anyway, how do you feel right now?"

"Honestly... I'm just in a daze, Caesar. I mean, one moment I'm in the arena, then I'm here with you. I don't really remember anything that happened between. I don't even know how I got changed into this dress."

Putting on her significant smirk, Amynta stroked the folds of her dress, making Caesar clap his hand excitedly.

"I just remembered that the day before the Game, you told us that if you returned as the victor you would wear the most extravagant dress your designer prepared for you! Come on, come on. Stand up and show us. My, my aren't you a beauty!"

Amynta walked up to the front of the stage and smiled with her head held high. It was no surprise when the crowd squealed in adoration.

The dark green dress decorated with numerous beads was nothing like the dress Amynta wore during the previous interview

The dark green dress decorated with numerous beads was nothing like the dress Amynta wore during the previous interview. She practically glowed and shined like a jewel.

"I promised to return in full glory."

At that the crowd screamed and cheered, absolutely fascinated by her.

"I don't know how, but Lina prepared this amazing dress of my favourite colour for me. Trust me, with these jewels and dress that perfectly matches my taste, I'll be able to enjoy tonight's party."

After a little buzz of excitement, Caesar turned to Amynta and asked a few questions about the game.

"Right, right. Amynta, first question. How did you know about the waterways under the walls?"

"The gamemakers did. There were plants all over them. They cannot exist without water which made it very obvious. I didn't expect the others not notice this. The water from the sponsors was not enough, so I just left."

"And what about the poisonous leaves? They said that the plant was mentioned very briefly in the books in the training center."

"It was pure luck. I run an apothecary in district 4. I know my plants."

"Let's look at the part where Finnick sent you a bottle of antidotes. Right there. How did you know that was the signal to use poison?"

"That's because I can communicate telepathically with him," Amynta smirked, and the camera zoomed in on Finnick sitting at the front row. As he was the Capitol's most loved one, he naturally winked, making everyone swoon.

"No, just joking. He knows that I know which plants are poisonous or not. So I guessed that sending me a bottle of antidotes, that's completely useless to me, meant I had to make a situation that needed de-poisoning."

Caesar clapped his hand.

"That's just incredible. What are you going to do after this interview?"

"Attend the Victor's party of course. I know you'll be there, Caesar."

"Oh, I wouldn't miss it for the world."

"You must come. I don't know anyone else. I have to rely on you to stay calm, otherwise I'll just spend the night glued to a corner."

It was a lie, but she said it in order to meet new political people who would be a good use to her. 

Hearing that, Caesar ended the show laughing.

"Now you made me a reason to attend! Now everyone, this was the winner of the 68th Hunger Games, AMYNTA SNAPE!!"