49.

*Unedited*

"You scared the shit out of me, babydoll." Aaron complained while adjusting the pillow behind her so she can sit comfortably for breakfast/lunch.

When Mia woke up, it was noon and storm has settled down. Her temperature was back to normal but she was still shivering and having chills at time intervals. But nothing to worry about. She showered in hot water without wetting her hair, Aaron was against a bath but she insisted that it was something she needed to feel refreshed.

And now they are back to square one.

"I am Sorry." Mia was sincerely apologetic for worrying Aaron. She had been in rain for longer duration but this never happened to her before. And she was embarrassed too.

"Are you not mad at me?" She asked quietly looking down at the plate of food in front of her. Everything in it was her favourite.

"It was impossible to stay mad at you. And especially, when you make that face, all puppy dog eyes." Aaron said lifting her chin up so she can see him lightly smirking at her. She could also see the worry lines on his beautiful face despite the teasing smile. Her heart constricted.

"I do not!" She protested before adding seriously, "Nothing sort of that happened to me before. I wasn't thinking, I am really Sorry."

"It's okay. Next time, just be more careful." Aaron trailed a hand by her cheek before adding, "But I am not sure, if I allow you to just barge into the storm like that."

"I will not, promise." Mia mumbled looking out of the window, the sky was still misty and black indicating that the storm just hasn't passed yet. "But, I love rain." She added absent-mindedly.

"Love always isn't harmless." Aaron responded.

Mia looked at him, sensing that he was behaving differently, but not quite. She was not sure how she reached that conclusion because on surface he was acting like he typically does. But something has changed.

"Aaron?" Mia called trying to remember if something strange happened last night. But she couldn't, most of the time she felt like she was in a wet icy cloud, floating, and she couldn't distinguish between what was her dream and what was reality. She was so cold.

And..

Mia's eyes widened and she looked at Aaron alarmingly, but Aaron was busy twirling the spoon in the soup, before holding the spoon in front of her lips, Mia took a deep breath before parting her lips and drinking the soup all while maintaining the eye contact with Aaron.

Suddenly, it was erotic, it was exciting, it was nerve wrecking. As if only the realisation can build an electrifying current between them. And they both could feel it crackling sparking between them. They were aware of its intensity, its power, its range and they were aware that touching it, playing with it, was harmful.

Dangerous.

But, at the same time, thrilling, exhilarating, freeing.

Mia took a sharp breath in. She let Aaron spoonfed her and for the first time instead of questioning her feelings, she was enjoying it. She was basking in it, his attention, his care, his concern, his love, all for her.

"Aaron, I......." Love you.

A tune of instrumental guitar ringed in the room snapping them out of the moment. Mia jumped back swallowing harshly as she felt her mouth going dry.

Aaron cursed. He wanted to wait and let her finish. But he also knew that the moment was over.

Aaron left the room to answer the call meanwhile Mia finish her food.When Aaron came inside, Mia had already finished her food, she went to put the plate on the sink for the maid to come and take it to the kitchen, and was waiting for Aaron. She noticed the scowl of Aaron's face as soon as he entered the room.

"Who was it?" Mia asked curiously.

For some seconds there was complete silence. Before Aaron spoke in an agitated tone, "My Dad. He wanted us to visit him."

"Oh." Mia replied. She noticed that only Mr. Rathore can break the calm persona that Aaron has. He had such an great affect on him, it's always concerning.

"More likely, he would wanted to discuss my plans of going back to NY, and resuming my work from there." Aaron robotically said with an edgy tone.

"I am sure, it's going to be fine." Mia said to resonate some kind of comfort but she too was nervous about this meeting.

Sometimes, we try to forgot about the things which cause us pain, which we are not certain about and we did not bring them up as a part of a process of ignoring them. So you don't have to feel hurt again and again. So, you don't cry over the same conversation, a thousand times.

But this will never make the pain go away. The hurt never disappears. They were shadowed by light, or slightly healed by love.

But you could never move on, while trying to ignore the problem.

They always come back and bite you in the ass.

Ruin your perfect moments.

"Did he mention any specific time?" Mia asked concerned that in this weather it would be disastrous to drive there.

"As soon as the storm stops." Aaron hoped that it remains here forever.

Aaron responded before sitting in front of Mia taking her hands in his, smiling vaguely. "But I am sure it's going to be fine, as you said."

Mia squeezed his hand back.

"Mia..., Do you remember what happened last night?"
Aaron asked after a strech of silence.

"Nope! I was just really cold." Mia mumbled looking away. "Did something happen?" She asked instead to brisk away the guilt she was feeling.

"No, nothing that sort of." Aaron awkwardly replied, not meeting Mia's eyes.

While the beats of their heart knew they were lying to each other.

*****