65.

*Unedited*

To be destined, is to be together.

Mia was humming a song as she prepared breakfast for Aaron. Today was very different from usual, as
Mia was cooking and Aaron was going out to meet his friends.

He was going out in a while. He mostly works from home and this days we just go in our neighborhood.
The days just fly when they were together and some moments just stops for a second.

As this, when Aaron sneaks up on her when she was in the middle of her thoughts and hugs her from behind, Mia shivered at his contact. She still manages to feel shy around him sometimes in a nice way.

"I miss you." Aaron mumbled kissing Mia's neck.

"I am just here." Mia said with a small smile. She likes when they get cheesy together, so she just squash the negative thoughts and enjoy the moments.

"Hmm, I don't wanna go out. I want to spend every moment of the my life with you." Mia laughed. How can be so cliche sometimes.

"And You will. Now, have your breakfast before it gets cold and before you get late."

Aaron left the house taking Mia's car for the ocassion. He had rented his own car but he takes down the city her old wagon, only god knows why.

When Aaron left, he left Mia with an empty feeling.

*

It was one and half hour later, when the worst happened.

Mia received a call from the hospital that Aaron had met with an accident.

Her heart stopped. Blood rushed in her ears and empty ringing echoed inside her head as she tried to remember the address of the hospital. Her thoughts completely blocked, she hurriedly gathered some credit cards before rushing for the hospital.

She didn't drive. She couldn't drive. She hailed a taxi and gave him the address, every minute was an eternity before she reached the bleak gates of the hospital.

She asked the receptionist for the details of her husband's conditions and she gave the directions of the operation theatre in which he was currently in. She desperately tried to get the information about his condition or how bad the accident was but to no avail. The nurse guided her to the operation theatre and told her to wait for the doctors.

She was shattered. She was in a nightmare. And she didn't know what to do, what to feel.

Her hands trembled as she called Arav. She moved to a empty room as she felt her breakdown approaching. Arav picked up on the fifth ring.

"Hey Bhabhi!" His cheerful greeting was drowned out by a painful sob wrecked out of Mia. She started crying clutching tightly on the phone.

"Bhabhi what happened? Why are you crying? Where is Bhai?" Arav panicked voice reached Mia's ears but she couldn't manage to say anything. She kept on weeping, as if someone was tearing her heart out of her chest.

"Bhabhi, you need to calm down. Please don't cry, everything is gonna be okay. Please tell me what happened?" Arav started to speak soothing words and it helped Mia gain some grasp of the reality.

"I am in hospital." She sobbed. "Aaron met with an accident."

I line went silent for a moment.

"Bhabhi, Nothing will happen to Bhai. Be strong. I am coming there and I just need you to take care of yourself okay." Arav gently tried to reassure her, while he himself was a wreck getting the news of the accident.

"Please, come fast. I don't know what to do."

"I am. Update me on Bhai's condition. I will be there soon." Arav said and cut the call.

She starer at the white walls of the hospital room as tears streamed down her cheeks. Her knees started to give out. She turned to move to sit in the waiting hall again, but she felt her getting pushed on the wall by a hand on her neck.

Arnav was choking her.

She tried to pry his hands away from her throat, but he was sheer strength, brutal rage and pure madness. His eyes was red, a look of pure anger on his face as he continued her chokehold on Mia.

Mia started wheezing and coughing due to lack of air. She started getting dizzy and her back ached due to the impact of being hit on the wall, when Arnav yelled with pure rage on her face.

"It was supposed to be you and not my brother. You were supposed to die. YOU. YOU. YOU!"

He punched the wall beside her. He loosened the hold on her neck and she fell on the floor with a thud. She tried to take on as much air as possible and witnessed Arnav going rampant as he destroyed the room, flipped the table and chairs, breaking them.

He approached her again and she cowered in the wall still unable to recover from his assault on his neck. He continued to punch repeatedly beside her head making her flinch everytime he did so.

She saw the fist coming towards her face and she closed her eyes bracing for the impact but it never did come.

She opened her eyes and saw the fist just inches away from her face. Her words still lodged in her throat she just continued to sob. Arnav punched the wall one last time, an unreadable expression on his face, before leaving her behind in the wrecked room in her wrecked state.

His words echoing in Mia's head.

*****

Very unsatisfied with this chapter as an writer. Probably edit it later.

Going through a tough writer's block.

Please comment and share your thoughts.

*****