53.

*Unedited*

Love will find a way.

It had been different.

From the moment, when he entered his room, while Mia was dressing up, and then she asked him to put vermillion and tie the nuptial chain back. He knew that it was primarily because her family believes in this tradition.

But at that moment, he liked to think that Mia started to believe it too, in them. There was a spark there and a vulnerability that was new for both of them, especially for Mia and he could see it.

He relished at that moment. Her home was beautiful, and everyone there. He knows that Mia had a tense relationship with her mother and he could relate, her mother had her own biases, still, it would be better if they would work through it, because it had been hurting Mia, from the very beginning.

Aaron saw half of it as her mother's concern but Mia couldn't see it that way. And he knew why. But only one visit could not resolve all, it would take time. He felt they both were very stubborn about their standpoint except Mia was less verbal.

After spending one night at her home, they bid goodbye to her family. Mia was silent except with Krish, she teased him, scolded him, advised him, hugged him before finally separating from him. Aaron had similar bonding with his brothers, so he knew what it felt like. It was cute. Her brother was very protective of Mia, so, Aaron assured him as well that he would take care of Mia.

Mia was very quiet, lost in her thoughts, but Aaron didn't comment on it. He didn't know what to say to make her feel better. This was lost for him too.

He reclined on the seat of the car, the weather outside was cloudy, chilly. The streets of Bhopal had changed so much in the past few years, they were more beautiful now.

Beautiful lakes passed their way as they drove towards the airport. They were halfway there when his manager stopped the car.

"What happened?" Aaron asked.

"Sir, Robert had called." His manager said indicating towards the Bluetooth in his ear in a very formal tone. "He said that the weather was not safe for air travel. There had been heavy rainfall in the north and all flights had been canceled until further notice." Mia also perched up listening to the news.

"But, the weather is not that bad here," Mia said looking out of the window. The sky filled with black clouds with heavy winds, a beautiful fallacy, before a hurricane.

"A storm is coming ma'am." His manager said quietly. "We thought it wouldn't be that dangerous. But now, we should wait till it passes." Mia smiled at him, nodding.

"So, let's go back," Aaron said looking at Mia, for her confirmation.

"No, not back to my home," Mia whispered. "To a hotel, perhaps."

There could be so many reasons to not go back. Aaron didn't pressurize her to utter even a single one. He just nodded to the manager and they drive to a fancy hotel. When they were leaving Krish was insisting to drive them to the airport but Aaron already had prior arrangements, so he declined. That was for good he reckoned.

Aaron entered the room, eyes scanning the space. It was a pretty huge room with a spacious bathroom. Mia sat on the king-sized bed, she sank right into the mattress giggling a little. Aaron presumed that the bed was of a memory foam mattress. He went to the glass door of the balcony, which was facing the view of a lake and a park beside it. They were on the sixth floor of the building, when looked down he could also see the pool and people chilling there. It was evening time, so most of them were watching the sunset.