one

y/n pov

" will that be all sir? " you asked, placing a big smile on your lips. 

" yes. thank you. " the older gentleman replied, sipping his coffee. " this is a lovely cafe. i love that you started with the library as well. " 

" thank you sir. i will make sure to forward that to the owner. " you replied before turning around and walking off. your smile fell slightly once you were out of the man's sight, but you still made sure to look happy for the other customers.

once you reached the cash register, you dumped the tray by the other used ones and took your hair out of the ponytail it'd been in for the past five hours. with a small groan, you massaged your scalp, your h/c hair falling in your face. 

" you look relieved, " 

the sudden voice startled you slightly as you were quick to reopen your eyes. evangeline, your co-worker and perhaps only friend stood in front of you. her black, curly hair was done in gorgeous braids which she'd gotten done only a few days earlier. 

" well yes, i'm finished with my shift. " you stated, brushing your hand trough your hair. 

" lucky you. i won't be done for another 3 hours. " evangeline muttered. " the lady by table 5 won't stop going on about the bloody coffee. "

when the girl got angry, her british accent always made an appearance. evangeline's parents were both born and  raised in manchester. when evangeline was 11, they'd decided to move to new york, and now here she was. 

" good luck with that. " you let out a small laugh while taking your apron off. " i'm leaving now. "

after placing the apron with the other dirty ones, you entered the dressing room in back. your locker was at the back, although you were quick to make your way there. the work shirt you'd worn today now had a coffee stain in the middle. with a frown, you threw it on the ground and put your own knitted sweater back on. the soft shirt against your skin sent chills down your spine as you'd gotten used to the raspy fabric the cafe's shirts were made of. 

" finally, " you sang to yourself, making the melody up was you went on. " out of here. "

once your locker was closed and locked, and the shirt you'd used in the washing machine, you made your way out. it was just as crowded now as it'd been throughout the whole day. new york during april was a pain in the ass, mostly due to all the tourists that crowded the streets. lucky for you however, you didn't live in a very crowded area. your apartment was located close to the cafe where you worked, and close to the nearest subway station. you didn't complain. 

as you made your way towards your home, your phone started vibrating in your pocket. 

"why is ev calling now? i literally just left. " you whispered to yourself. 

" y/n! " she yelled as soon as you picked up. 

" jesus woman, what's happening? " you replied after hearing the excitement in her voice. 

" well, mona just texted me about the tickets to that fan event. and they got them! they scored three tickets for us. " evangeline practically yelled. 

" wait, the bts one? " you questioned, your heart rate beginning to pick up. 

" YES! " evangeline shrieked. 

you felt the ends of your mouth tug upward. the group were doing their first fan meet in the us, and you were going! even though you weren't as big a fan as evangeline and her friend mona, you still enjoyed their music quite a lot. and meeting them would be a great experience. 

" that's great ev! " you replied, just as you reached your apartment building. 

" you don't say! it's in two months though, so we have to start preparing! " 

with a chuckle, you replied, " calm down. everything will work out. "

" i'm just so excited. i cannot believe we're meeting them! " evangeline responded. 

" yes, me too but you need to get back to work. bye! " you hung up before she could protest. 

with a small smile on your face, you strutted into your apartment, not bothering to take your shoes off. 

today had been a good day. 

-

a/n: hello beautiful person reading this! i hope your day is going great!