ten

y/n pov

your seat in the plane was luckily by a window. there was no one next to you as well, which made you quite happy. there was a small tv on the seat in front of you, which kept you quite entertained.

after quickly texting namjoon that you were on the flight you put your phone on airplane mode and put it in the pocket of your sweatpants.

the plane soon began to take off after the security explanations and the flight attendants had checked everything. as soon as you were in the air, you picked a random movie and began to watch it.

namjoon pov

i paced around the room nervously. y/n had just texted me that she was on the plane and that she'd switch her phone to airplane mode, which meant she was on her way to korea.

as we were only practicing today, we had a bit freer schedule. not everyone had arrived yet so we had some extra time before work.

" you seem nervous, " jin stated.

" what? " i replied.

he chuckled as he went on to fold his sweatshirt on the couch. " it's going to be fine. if anything, your nervousness tells you that you care. "

i nodded and checked my phone. obviously no text from y/n. instead, i clicked on youtube and began watching some random videos to get my mind off of everything.

y/n pov - 6 hours later

you jolted awake as the plane rattled slightly. once it came down on you that you were awake again, you sighed to yourself. everyone around you was asleep and the plane was completely dark. you'd gone in and out of sleep for the past 4 hours, after the movie you'd watched was over.

as it was still 8 and a half hours left of your flight, you were bored to say the least. besides the crisps you'd bought at the airport you hadn't eaten much since dinner and you were getting hungry.

you used the armrests by your seat as support to stand up. shuffling out of the row, you immediately headed towards the bathroom in the front.

airplane bathrooms definitely weren't your favorite place in the world, mostly due to the smell and loud noises. you ended up splashing some cold water on your face and checking yourself out for a few seconds before someone began trying to open the door.

you quickly exited the room and almost ran into the woman who'd been waiting. by the looks of it, she desperately needed to go.

once you were back in your seat again, you clicked on a random movie again and began watching it.

9 hours later

as expected, the plane was slightly delayed and you ended up arriving 20 minutes later than you should have. now, you were finally on the ground in seoul. you were currently in line to get off the plane itself, to get through security, passport control and to get your luggage.

to say you were tired would be understating it, you were drained. after having barely slept during the flight, you could probably fall asleep standing.

your phone had been quick to reset the time according to the timezone you were in. it was nearly 12 am. you'd texted namjoon first about arriving and then evangeline and mona.

as you reached the exit, you bid your farewells to the flight attendants before stepping out into the long corridor which led you to the airport.

you quickly made your way to the passport control. surprisingly, the line for those who didn't have korean passports was very short. only 1 person was in front of you and they were done rather quickly.

after the lady in the booth had asked you a few questions and checked your passport, you finally moved on. getting your bag was the next priority.

the airport was huge to say the last and finding your way around was slightly difficult, but you soon managed to find the place to collect your luggage. the conveyor belt was already running and people were surrounding it, everyone desperate to leave as fast as possible.

you managed to squeeze in between an older woman and a man who looked around your age. suitcases were already rolling around, but you couldn't see yours yet.
after a few minutes the crowd started to clear up and your bag came around as well. as soon as you spotted it, you grabbed it and quickly made your way towards the customs.

now only a few meters between you and 'freedom' from the airport, you began to grow nervous. the line was longer than the passport control one had been so you took your phone out.

namjoon:
i'm waiting outside of the customs.

you:
okay, i'll be done soon. there's only 3 people in front of me.

as the line moved very fast, you quickly put your phone away once the guy waved for you to come closer. you handed him the form you'd signed on the plane which he quickly skimmed through.

the man didn't check your luggage closer, instead he just waved you along. you followed the people in front of you since you couldn't see where anything was due to some individuals being very tall.

the waiting area outside the customs was huge and finding your way around was difficult. a lot of people were waiting for family, friends or whoever it was, making it very difficult to find namjoon. you spun your body around a couple of times but couldn't spot him in the crowds.

" hello, "

the sudden voice startled you. you whipped around and found yourself looking up at namjoon. he was wearing sweats, just as you.

" hi, " you greeted with a huge grin on your face.

seeing him after four months was very strange, especially since you'd grown quite close during those months. you let your suitcase go and wrapped your arms around him. the two of you had never shared a hug and he seemed slightly taken aback at first, but he soon wrapped his arms around you as well.

you allowed yourself to breathe his scent in, he smelled fresh and comforting.

" i'm tired, " you murmured through a yawn.

" then let's go, the taxi is waiting outside. " he mumbled back, letting you go.

you nodded and grabbed your suitcase again before following him outside.

-

a/n: it's so warm outside today i'm melting away.