thirteen

y/n pov - the next day

" i have a surprise for you. "

" what is it? "

namjoon stared you in disbelief. " i'm not going to tell you. but just, wear something nice today. "

you let out a frustrated breath at his secrecy. it was currently 11 am and the two of you were eating breakfast in namjoon's apartment. the dinner the previous night had been successful. you'd been added to the groupchat of 'the soulmates' and you got along well with everyone.

" could you at least give me a clue? " you tried, but to your dislike he just shook his head.

namjoon took the chance to grab your plate and put it in the dishwasher. you watched him closely, admiring his beauty. how he looked ethereal 30 minutes after waking up was still a mystery.

" when are we leaving? " you asked after a while.

he turned around to look at you. " 12 pm. "

" okay, " you replied simply. " then i have to get ready. "

without waiting for a reply you walked into your bedroom again, immediately beginning to look through your drawers. today was a fairly warm day so you could wear the only dress you'd brought with you.

you didn't end up doing much to your hair, other than making it look somewhat presentable.

after you finished the last details, it was 11.45 which meant you had 15 minutes to spare. you walked out into the living area and immediately spotted namjoon reading,

" are you gonna tell me where we're going now? " you asked, sitting down beside him in the couch,

his eyes traveled from the book in his hands to you. you couldn't help but notice how he looked at you up and down a few times before answering.

" i'm taking you out, that's all you get. " he stated.

" what, like a date? " you spoke before you could stop yourself.

he stiffened slightly. " do you want it to be a date? "

" that would be nice, " you replied, looking at the floor in embarrassment.

" then it's a date, " he spoke.

as you felt his breath hit the side of your face you realized he had learned forward to reply. a small blush crept onto your cheeks at the sudden closeness. out of the corner of your eye, you saw a smile crack on his face as he went back to his book.

2 hours later

" you could've told me we were going hiking and i would not have worn these shoes, " you complained, looking down at your slightly uncomfortable sneakers.

namjoon only snickered in front of you as he led you upwards on the small path. a taxi had driven you for about 1.5 hours until he stopped at a bike rental place. the two of you had rented two bikes and ridden for about 30 minutes until you reached the foot of a small hill.

" we'll be there soon. " he stated.

as the ground finally began to even put and the path grew bigger, you spotted something a few meters away. on top of the small hill, a big blanket was laid out with all kinds of food places on it.

" a picnic? " you murmured, a smile spreading on your face.

namjoon didn't waste any time, instead he led you to the blanket where both of you sat down.

" this is so cute. " you stated, looking around.

where you were seated, you had a view of a tiny river flowing beneath the hill, along with some trees and a group of people in the distance.