19| Home

Chapter 19: Home (Gianna's POV)

What god has joined, men must not divide. Amen. 

What if I divide it myself? Does that count?

I pulled away from the kiss and he watched me. His face was blank but his eyes showed the surprise he was trying to hide. I liked seeing it there. 

"You're crazy," he said. 

I rolled my eyes and began standing. "I'll go get a cupcake then." I took one step forward but he grabbed my wrist while standing up. 

"Sit back down. You were dizzy just a second ago. I'll get it." He pushed me back into a sitting position and then walked to the table. I watched him ponder over which cupcake I would like for a while before he grabbed the chocolate one with pink and blue icing and sprinkles. That is, surprisingly, exactly the one I wanted. He came over with it on a small plate and handed it to me. 

I can't wait to ruin you, Allister. 

I sat there with him, eating the cupcake in silence while we took in the crowd. "When does this end?" I asked, putting the empty plate on the bench and licking the icing off my finger. 

"Soon, I hope." 

"Why, hubs?" He turned to look at me while I pulled my finger out of my mouth. "Not having fun, are you?" 

"It's sunny and hot and it's fucking June, Gianna." 

"True," I nodded. "It is hot out today." I threw my hair over my shoulders and leaned back, resting my hands in my lap. "Let's dance." 

"There's no music, little Phoenix." 

"So?" 

"So, this isn't a rom-com. No dancing." 

"Fine. We'll just kill time till the end of this then." 

"Yes, we will," he said, leaning back, his arm brushing against mine. 

"And what are we going to do when we get home?" We both turned to look at each other. Well, there's something we should have discussed in advance. Our fucking wedding night. 

☆════ ⋆★⋆ ════☆

He pulled the car door open for me, holding a hand out.

I grabbed on and he helped me out, locking the car behind us and leading me inside their mansion. The second he locked the front door shut behind us, I stopped, bending to take off my heels and throw them far enough to land on Pluto. 

"What are you doing?" He grabbed my arm, catching me before I fell. 

"Taking them off. I can't walk another step in them, Allister. They hurt." 

"You can't even get to them in your dress." 

"I don't care," I said through gritted teeth. I couldn't see the heels because of the skirt of the dress, so I was just blindly trying to undo the straps. He chuckled beside me and I stopped, looking up at him. "Don't laugh." 

He let me go and kneeled in front of me. "Lift your dress." 

I narrowed my eyes. "That sounds wrong." 

"Do it," he demanded. 

I lifted it up to my calves and he undid the heels, taking them off. I stood on the ground, flat on my feet and nearly fell to the floor. My feet were broken. I'm convinced. These heels were damn gorgeous but I think the devil made them. I winced, squatting down on the floor and hugging my knees. I truly thought I would cry.