39| Lies

Chapter 39: Lies (Gianna's POV)

I woke up the next morning and unlike usual, he was still fast asleep in bed beside me. Normally, he's either lying awake or he's already in the bathroom, taking a shower and I still had a few minutes left till my alarm started ringing. I moved closer to him, brushing his hair out of his eyes. 

He stirred after a while, moving closer to me. His arm went around my waist and he pulled me in closer, slowly waking up. 

"Hello," I sang softly, poking his cheek. 

"Hmm?" He's barely awake. 

"Wake up. We have to go to work." 

He groaned, holding on tighter. 

"Come on," I sang. "We have to go to work or we'll be late. Should I drop by for lunch?" 

He opened his eyes, staring at me for a while before nodding. 

"But will..." I trailed off questioningly. 

He shook his head. "I knew he was a dangerous man, Gianna. I reached out to him on his last day in Chicago. He flew back to Moscow last night, I even had someone follow him and confirm. He's gone, okay? So, don't worry." 

I let out a small sigh of relief and then rolled over, turning my alarm off as it rang. "I guess you're not that stupid then," I snickered. 

He poked my sides, making me shriek and shift away from him. 

"Don't do that!" 

He laughed, moving closer to me and pecking my lips once. "You can shower first today." 

"Hmm, so you can sleep in. Sure," I chuckled, getting out of bed and throwing my hair up in a ponytail, heading to the bathroom. I closed the door and turned the shower on, looking at myself in the mirror. I had on his t-shirt and my underwear, that was it. I smiled to myself while I stripped and then climbed into the shower, thinking about last night. I thought about it throughout my shower, snapping out of it when I heard the bathroom door open and then close. 

"You're taking an extra long shower today," he said. 

I opened the door for a peek and saw him brushing his teeth. "What time is it?" I asked. 

"Seven forty-five." 

I groaned, quickly washing the soap off my body and then turning the shower off. I stuck my hand out. "Towel, please." He placed one in my hand and I wrapped it around myself, quickly going out into the room and grabbed myself a plain black blazer dress. I changed in the closet itself and then let my hair down, brushing it thoroughly and then throwing it back up in a high ponytail. 

I grabbed black stiletto ankle boots and pulled those on and then grabbed my purse, letting out a sigh of relief while he came out of the bathroom, freshly showered, in nothing but a towel around his waist. I sighed, "Too distracting when I'm running late, Allister." 

"In that case, I'm glad to be a distraction," he smirked, walking over and kissing me. 

I hummed in approval against his lips but pulled away before he could deepen the kiss. Because that would only make more butterflies appear in my stomach and make me weak in the knees. And once that happens, the clothes I just put on would probably come right back off and I'd be super late for work. "I'm late now," I mumbled against his lips. "So I'll rush out. But I'll stop by for lunch, okay?" 

"Hmm," he nodded, watching me. 

"Bye, hubs." 

"Bye," he smiled.