Chapter 12: Lumineria Festival [1/2].

Kein's POV

It was weeks after I had last seen Rose. I wondered how she was doing and every time I visited the marketplace there was this tinge feeling of expectation or hope that I'll suddenly meet that girl who was always wearing an adorable shawl that hides her face but never her kind eyes.

I glanced at the market that seemed to be in a rush. Everyone was now decorating their homes and putting white candles outside.

Hmm... Even some new stalls I don't recognize are here too.

I finally came by Veronica's store and for some reason her shelf was empty. I glanced at the shelves not knowing if it's a good sign or a bad sign. I walked closer to her stall.

I saw Veronica's figure not too far away with a man I've never seen before. He was talking with her happily and kissed her. "Hey, Veronica. Is business doing good?"

I waved and when Veronica saw me she suddenly hugged me hard. "Little charmer you came!"

Whoa, I was not expecting that but I like the hug. "Hello to you too, Veronica."

"I did it! I made it just like you asked and wow! I never thought making and designing adventurer bags would be so fun!" (Veronica) cheerfully told me everything that had happened while I was gone.

So she tirelessly made an adventure bag, making the right design for each adventure.

For mages more storage room, perhaps even an herb space. Cheap but sturdy leather, heck there's even a space for small throwable weapons. Heck, there were more compartments and it was pleasing to the eye. "Well done, Veronica."

Veronica clasps her hands together giggling happily, "Everything has sold out! Oh my! I'm even getting private orders from nobles and other merchants! We'll be fine!"

I smiled and gave Veronica a thumbs-up as the man beside her wrapped his arms around her waist and gave me a friendly smile, "So who's this little fella? May I be introduced?"

"Oh right! Little charmer meets my boyfriend. His name is Peterson Mill." (Veronica) introduced her lover and I nod, I offered my hand for a shake and he gave me a firm one at that.

"My actual name is Kein Rosenguard. Finally, it's nice to finally meet you, Peterson." I greeted him. I know that this might be weird suddenly calling him by his first name and I'm ten years old acting like some mature child.

We let go of both of each other's hands formally. Peterson spoke first, "Aw shucks please call me Peter. Has Veronica been talking about me?" (Peterson)

I nod, "A lot. Don't worry Peter, only good things I assure you." I told him and he sighs in relief.

Honestly, he seems like a sweet person and Veronica when she looks at him she's definitely in love. Her eyes are calm and collected more than usual when I see her.

"Oh yeah little charmer! I forgot to ask you, will you be here for the festival?" (Veronica)