Chapter 34.5: Two Tsunderes.

Kein's POV

I told Rose to not visit the orphanage for a week.

I excitedly went home to meet with Baron Hills- I mean father to tell him about my plans for the orphanage.

I just bulldozed my way into his office and caught him by surprise. "Father! Can I ask for your help?!"

I yelled over and he almost spit his coffee in surprise. Baron Hills coughs for a bit before composing himself, "Kein. What's wrong?" he asked in a worry while I just continued.

"I want to build a classroom for the orphanage. A classroom where the children can learn how to read and write. With comfortable seats, tables, and a board-" I held my breath for a second looking at my father who listened seriously to my rambling. "And I need it done by a week- I need it to help someone-"

Baron Hills stands up from his seat, the tension getting heavy. "Help someone?" (Baron Hills) asked me, walking over to me.

He holds my shoulder gently, "Is it the girl I met before that you obviously have feelings for?"

"Yes- HEY!" I almost had to slap myself for admitting it so easily.

Baron Hills opens the door of his office, "What are you waiting for. We have arrangements to be made. Alfred!"

As if on cue Alfred comes in and bows elegantly, "Yes, master hills?" (Alfred) asks, regaining his straight composure.

"Contact the orphanage about using one vacant room, as well as the local craftsman where we'll need to order about four dozen chairs, tables, and a board. Pay them extra to put it on the priority list. We need them to arrive by the week." (Baron Hills) ordered to which Alfred looked confused for a second but listed all the orders in his head.

"Understood. I shall inform the head sister about it." (Alfred) makes his way out of the halls as Baron Hills looks at me.

"Impressing a girl this way. Tell me why." (Baron Hills) asked interrogatively while having to stare at his back.

"First of all... it's not like I wanted to impress her or anything- kinda." I looked down at the ground trying not to show father my blushing face and composed myself before meeting his eyes once more. "Second, the girl I'm trying to help teaches the kids in the orphanage but I noticed her knees having marks. I think she's kneeling on the floor too much. She's going to hurt herself at some point... and it's uncomfortable for the kids as well to be writing on the ground." I answered back and I heard him hum satisfyingly.

"I was not aware of that. I have not received any reports or complaints since I have not visited for a while. I am glad you are already taking interest in the property." (Baron Hills) turns to face me. "If I'm guessing. I'm betting this is a surprise, yes?"

I nod awkwardly having found out. Yes it is... a surprise hopefully Rose is oblivious enough to not have thought of it.