Chapter 17: Vincent's Family.

Kein's POV

"No... Not this either. Nothing fits the ratio I'm trying to get!"

I crossed my arms slumping my back into the stiff wall of the abandoned shed as I tested the new shampoo recipe I tried. I ruffled my hair in annoyance as I looked at the other possible plants I've bought but I'm definitely hesitant on trying some of these out.

I held the bottle in my hands looking over the now green-ish color liquid that made me write down notes, "This new plant called [Pomono] just made it more stronger than the [Selent] plant so it really stings my nose. Furthermore after a week of testing at least the positive side effect of all this was getting my hair soft and fluffy."

Indeed at least we got to that point now. I looked over the book that Lenard lent me, [Herbs All Around Us Volume I]. "Such a shame Lucas had to tear a page..."

Lucas... When he ambushed me for information back then for how to get close to the royal family I wasn't shocked at all but- He really had no sympathy or care for his own twin brother. It made my blood boil to even think of what he did. He knew this book was valuable and now- one of its pages was torn.

I'm really thankful Vincent saved me from him. Though it makes my blood boil remembering that I can't fight back at my current state. I don't have magic, I'm cursed in a child's weak body and I'm fighting off with a teenager who trains regularly with a sword while me? "I usually run around completing someone's errands or just reading books about this world. That's a problem..."

Realization struck me, I have to work out- but not too much- for a body like mine surely just basic work out would be enough. When I get older that's where I'll be much more stricter about my routine. I glanced at the book once again and frowned, "And I promised Lenard I would keep it safe too..."

I heaved out a big sigh. Looks like I'm having a bad week today but nonetheless I must continue with the day.

"Hmm... speaking of which it's been almost five months already that I've been in this world. Has it really been that long?" I muttered to myself as I placed down the bottle I was inspecting.

I really hope my daughter is well. I don't know how time works here and there but I worry a lot about her well-being. Surely after I've died everything that I own should have been hers legally by name. She's just in her Junior High year but I'm really afraid that kids will be smarmy with love confessions and I'm not there to tease her about it. "I miss her."

It's no lie that while I have Lenard that feels like my own older brother now, the other company in this mansion has been horrible.

Lucas is an ass. Aunt Haren is horrible. Uncle is... I don't know if I haven't met him? They call him Viscount Lenois. I have never seen him despite being here for five months but Lenard sure likes talking about him.

The other maids and butlers just straight up ignore me or taunt me. Like those three maids low budget versions of team rockets. Dottie, Madelyn, and Maddie.

I mean Dottie is not that bad since she tried giving me first aid but... the other two I can't say the same. They literally inflict burns on me regularly but they make sure it's either small or someplace that they can't easily see.