Chapter 13.5: Cecilia.

Kein's POV

"Please lead us to her highness, Lady Cecilia." (Lord Vincent) asked a butler who bows and leads us in the hallways.

It was hard not to stare around the palace. There were a LOT of things that I know I can never ever have. These vases would be worth thousands of Gold and if I break anything valuable, I'll be Haruhi from Ouran High school club but sadly there's no Host Club on this one.

Man, I need another season of that anime. I miss it.

I'll most likely get executed in my time here if I'm not careful.

Okay Kein, don't break anything.

While walking around appraising the fancy looking furniture, relics, and designs. I noticed the other maids, staffs that were roaming around the hallway were glancing around me. They looked away once they met my gaze and acted like nothing happened. "Huh..."

Well... I did hear from Lord Vincent that my attire was not proper, I went with my work clothes, my shoes are not appropriate, and is my hair messy?

Honestly I just came here to paint and didn't think I would need to wear something... uh formal. I'm not one to wear a dress and heels. Heels hurt... with their pointy bottoms it will be hard to balance oneself.

"Kein, let me ask again. What do you call the first princess?" (Vincent) asked as he walked beside me.

"Um, call her your highness?"

Vincent nods, "Remember not to say anything rude, not to do something improper, don't burp, don't have such bad posture, don't have a loud voice, don't ever ask something personal, and don't-" (Vincent)

"Let me guess. Don't breathe next?"

I gave him a deadpan face as he sighed, "Take this seriously, Kein. Getting you a visit to the royal palace wasn't easy. Thankfully, her highness. Princess Cecilia agreed for you to paint her in a portrait." (Lord Vincent)

"Isn't that generous of her?" I told Lord Vincent, remembering the breathtaking dance again, my hands itching to paint once more. "She must be an amazing person who works hard huh."

He stops for a moment before he turns to me face serious, "That may be true but her personality is a bit... strict." (Lord Vincent)

"Ah. I see."

I scratched my head now unsure if I made the right choice.

'Kein is it worth painting a princess who you very much know can get you executed in a matter of seconds? Just because you burped?' I thought to myself thinking the worst of the first princess.

I mean is it too early to tell? Ugh now my hands are even nervous to paint a totally mysterious person. I need to meet her quickly.