Chapter 14 - Chicken Sandwich

-5 hours later-

I stepped out of the library with a loud yawn. I spent so long at the library reading and writing that my hand is swollen from writing, my back is already sore and my butt is numb from sitting so much, don't get me started on my brain, it's already fried. Just thinking about it is giving me a headache. I just want to plop on the big comfy bed and sleep till morning.

I looked out the giant arched window. The orange hue filled the blue sky and the sun was already a semi-circle on the far horizon. 'The sun is already setting. Geez how long have I spent in the library"

I glanced down at my journal with my new found information. "Oh whatever at least I got every information I needed. That's one thing crossed off my list" I stretched my arms, yawning.

*Rumble Rumble*

My stomach was rumbling from emptiness. I was too caught up in writing and reading that I forgot to eat something. Reminds me of back when I was studying for my doctor's degree. I didn't sleep a wink neither ate until I finished. 'What times they were'.

'I'm going to go to the kitchen and make something for myself to eat after all the kitchen staff aren't nice when making Diana's food. They give me the crappiest food they could make.'

Poor Diana had to eat plain and bland food for years unable to say anything about it because no one cared not even her father, step mother or sister. No wonder her body is so weak and fragile. I feel like I could snap a bone or something just by walking a few steps.

'Well time to make myself something to eat.'

I strolled through the humongous hall way with a plate of chicken sandwich I whipped up in the kitchen.

Those fucking kitchen staff were so stubborn and annoying, they wouldn't let me make anything because they already made me something to eat. They just wanted me to eat the crap they carelessly made for me.

I was pissed that I bent the chef's hand and told him if he was going to stop me from cooking, I will break every bone of his body if he didn't move out of my way while watching him squirm in pain begging me to let go. I guess my hunger got to me that I threatened to hurt a guy.

'Never mess with a hungry assassin or you will be it's prey' even my brother never got in my way when it came to food.

He finally agreed and let me do my thing. It was odd though, while I was cooking, they watched from the corner curiously, some even drooled at the smell of fried chicken.

I may have kind of felt bad at my rude temper that I made everyone a slice to enjoy before leaving to my room.

Once I arrived to my room, I realised a peculiar air around me. There was light coming from Diana's room which was odd because no one was supposed to be in her without permission unless they were cleaning but who in their right mind would clean in the middle of the night?

I placed my ear behind the door and listened to hear any sounds of walking or talking.

"My lady Ariana it's dark, shall we return to your chambers for the night and return in the morning" it was the familiar fake sweet voice of Lilly and wait did she say Ariana.

My eye twitched. 'Why the fuck is that useless bitch in Diana's room especially at the time I want to enjoy my meal peacefully'

"Lilly is right let's retire for the night and continue in the morning" Stella agreed.

'Yes. Go back to the hole you came from, you useless child. I don't want you here while I'm eating. It would just be awkward but in general I don't want you near me at all. I already have enough troubles with your father I don't need you to add more on my plate'

"No, I will wait for her to comeback" she stubbornly answered.

I nearly dropped my plate at her sudden words. 'Da fuck you just say. Not leaving. Bitch I don't want you in my room. Get out'

"Even if I have to wait all night" she said.

I just stood there, blinking the stupidity of her words away. 'Fine, stay there all night for all I care. I won't be coming at all. I'll just go eat this somewhere else' I walked away from the door silently without making a noise while I stepped, something I learnt as an assassin.

I found a spare room in the west side of the mansion and ate my sandwich there while rereading what I written in my journal.

I written down the plants that I should avoid surprisingly they were some which were from my world while a few were made up plants the author made up for this world. The creatures here were odd as well. The author must have had some imagination to create all these creatures for just one story.

Then there were the routes I could take; some were safe but took a while to travel through but better to be safe than sorry. I written the villages I could stay in that weren't dangerous and locations I should avoid like the town of Terris. The place where most human trafficking takes place.

When I finished my sandwich and filled up my stomach, I plopped myself on the bed. My eyelids were very heavy and wanted to close letting the darkness consume me. All that reading and writing got me exhausted. I'm not even bothered to change or take a bath right now. I just want to sleep on this comfy bed.

I closed my eyes letting myself fall into sleep mode.

'Good night God. Please let my day tomorrow be peaceful as it was like todays except for the part Marcus ruined a quatre of my day but at least I got what I wanted'