Chapter 99 - Sounds of Waterfalls

"Big sis. Alphyria to big sis Artemis"

I suddenly snapped out of my sudden memory, glancing at Jackal who was waving his hands in the air like a maniac.

"What?" I answered so starkly.

"Nothing, you were just dazed for a moment there" he said with a shrug, leaping down the end of the cobblestone row and landing beside me. His cloak flapping in the wind as he did.

The little brat walked silently beside me with his hands behind his back like an innocent fool he was, eyes darting around as he came to his surroundings.

And surprisingly Homura was awfully quiet today.

Either way I didn't want to talk to him because he will begin blabbering again and then Jackal would want to know what he is saying, and I have literally have no mood at all to deal with them.

I Just want peace and quiet.

Jackal leaned his head to the side towards me and whispered softly "Why did we forget about Mr Turkey anyway?" Jackal questioned.

Mr Turkey is a nickname we gave Edmond, so that he wouldn't know we are talking about him since after all he is on our tracks and would be listening to our conversation and neither do I want him to realise that we know he is following us.

It would just ruin the fun surprise I planned for him in the end.

Glancing at Jackal, I arched an eyebrow "You sure you want to use one of your questions?"

"Yeah, why not" he didn't even hesitate to think about it. I frowned, sweat dropping as my expression became blank.

Jackal looked at me with the same expression, his silver eyes gazing up at me as if I was an idiot. "You were expecting me to keep my questions so you wouldn't have to talk to me?" he hit me in the right spot.

I glanced away from his gaze answering him, bluntly. "No".

He blinked in disbelief.

"Anyway" I shrugged avoiding anymore of his annoying remarks about me. "The only reason why we hadn't exposed Mr Turkey is because I'm curious"

"Curious about what?"

"That's two questions." I pulled up a peace sign at him indicating his second question. His face pulled back and he pouted, and his cheeks flushed with annoyance.

"I'll figure that myself then" He crossed his arms and marched on beside me.

"Though that may not be all the reasons to why."

"Would do you mean?" He asked.

"Mr Turkey is one of the greatest trackers in Alphyria" I answered softly, looking from side to side as I scanned the area without moving my head so I wouldn't seem suspicious. Jackal was puzzled, arching an eyebrow in confusion. He didn't seem to know anything about Edmond the douche bag at all except for the fact he is the second prince of Terra.

"Not as a great as a fox" Homura chirped in so suddenly, his blazing ambers eyes shone like autumn leaves as he praised himself.

I rolled my eyes.

"What did he say?" Jackal questioned; his silver eyes shooting up with curiosity.

"Nothing" I answered.

Jackal frowned and Homura chuckled lightly to himself as it was an amusement thing for him to entertain the snarky fox.

"Mr Turkey would find us no matter how far he is or what I would do to him. You can't contain a wild animal in cage for long".