Chapter 81 - Scammer

I could just make out the strangers eyes from the eye sockets of the white mask he wore to hide away his face from the rest of the world. It was a pair of glowing green eyes that looked like the vast green forest trapped in the bottle, preserved forever.

"And who might you be eavesdropping on adults conversation that doesn't concern you?" he spoke from under his plain white mask. I could sense something very dangerous from just by the aura of his fellow comrades behind him, even the way he stand showed his was some sort of professional fighter or assassin.

He looked like someone of high command that shouldn't be crossed.

I gulped 'I must be careful what I say, or this might be my last trick' I felt my throat tighten a little.

"Who I am doesn't matter but what I know of does" I said with raised brows, smiling at him like a man giving away a good deal to him and he shouldn't refuse it, or he might never receive something like this ever again.

The man in the mask was quite. I could feel his eyes examining me dangerously as he stood firmly, his whole body was draped in a black cloak that reached his ankles and a hood over his head as a dark shadow dimmed over half his mask.

"How can a little boy from the streets like you be trusted with the information being provided?" his voice sounded a little muffled from inside the mask.

"Because your need someone who knows where she is, and I've seen her not too long ago" I explained.

Another masked man stepped forward, yet he was quite a little different form the leader. His mask had red symbol that represented fire on its right cheek, strands of red hair dangling down through the hood that was supposed to cover his whole head. He was slight taller than the leader who had a plain mask on and he said something behind the leader that I was unable to hear.

"Tell us what you know" he demanded me.

I pulled a thinking expression, raising an eyebrow "What is the benefit for me if I tell you?" I questioned him with an intriguing look.

I saw his shoulder become tense and the air become a little bitter to the taste. This guy must be getting annoyed with me and wasting his time.

The masked man stretched out his hand from his black cloak and grasped in his hands was a small tied up pouch. "5 gold coins as a reward for helping me find the Isvandy," he said jingling the pouch, the sound of gold clashing together was tempting.

'5 gold coins could be enough to last me till I'm 30. How important is this Isvandy? Who cares, I want the gold'

My eyes turned into gold and my jaw opened wide into a grin.

Clenching the edge of the roof with one hand, I swung myself down. My body dangling down the roof with one hand still grasping on then to release my hold and land on the ground with a loud thud.

"You got yourself a deal" I put a thumbs up at him and he sounded satisfied just by the tense shoulders that came to a relaxation.

He retreated his arm back in the cloak and spoke "Tell me where you last saw her"

'To be honest with you masked man I didn't see her a hours ago but a couple of days ago and second, the first and last time I saw her was in the Eastern district of Taivas where most of the nobles and a few commoners go to.' Of course, I didn't say that to him and said it in my head for no one to hear except for me.

However, it's not like I'm going to tell him that's where I saw her.

'An eye for an eye.'

"I last spotted her in the western district of Taivas not so long ago as I had just came from there"