Chapter 1

Embers POV

I get out of bed looking at the clock. 12:37 AM. I go to the the very small window and look out to the front of the house. Stan left for the bar. I quickly walk over to my little pile of clothes and picked out some comfy clothes to go sing in.

I havent washed my clothes in months because Stan says that the washing machine and dryer are too loud for him

I havent washed my clothes in months because Stan says that the washing machine and dryer are too loud for him. I dont want him to give me another beating so i just wear my dirty clothes over and over.

I put on my clothes and quickly brush out my waist length long dark black hair. I quietly go downstairs and get 1 water bottle, then i quietly walked to the front door and walked down the front porch and ran down the block in case Stan comes home early. I then proceed my walk to the studio.

I love studio, its like my free place where i can get a open mind and forget about all of the negaitvy in my life. I usually only sings songs that i wrote but sometimes i like to do covers of songs. The studio is a dance and singing studio.

I always thought i had a normal childhood, always getting beaten if i do something wrong

I always thought i had a normal childhood, always getting beaten if i do something wrong. But that wasnt until i was taking a walk with my mum and saw a little girl fall and rip her pants in front of her house. I wanted to go see if she was okay but her dad beat me to it. I thought she was about to get smacked because that what happens when i ruin my clothing but her father picked her right back up, wiped off her knees and kissed her forehead. This was when my mum didnt know that Stan liked to hurt me, i was only 8.

But when she did find out about the abuse, she didnt do anything about it but look at me with sorrow for about a week. The day before my 9th birthday she came up to me and said she loved me and she wants me to live my life at its fulless when im older. I didnt expect her to kill herself because of the abuse. I still dont understand why she did it, it wasnt like she was being abused. I was!

But i coudlnt come to kill myself. Even if my life isnt good right now, I still have hope that it will get better in the future hopefully.

I had been thinking so much that i hadnt realized that i was 2 buildings away from the studio. When i got in the front of the studio, i pulled out the key from the mat and opened the door. Usally the teacher or the assisant teachers are here but tonight they were all busy and gave me permission to come at night still.

They dont know about the abuse, no one does. They just think i dont have the money to have an actual class at the studio so they let me come at night for free.

I go inside the studio and start doing vocal warm ups. I think today im just gonna go through my mind and find a song i want to sing. I looked at the clock that was right above the long mirror by the floor and saw it was almost 1 AM. Stan should come home by 4 so i will finish up by 2:50 and head out.

I go into deep thought and i try to feel my deepest feeling im hiding. I feel neglect, peope misunderstanding me.

A song that i wrote a couple days ago really helped get this off my chest. I get ready and i blank out and just sing.

AUTHOR NOTE: THIS SONG WAS WRITTEN BY TATE MCRAE. SHE IS INCREBIBLE AND THE CREDIT GOES ALL TO HER. IN THIS STORY IT WILL BE WRITTEN BY EMBER FOR THE PLOT.

1 hour and 50 minutes later

I finished doing a couple of songs and fixing some of them. I walked out of the studio, locked it up and headed back home.

I was about 10 feet away from my yard and saw that his car wasnt here thankfully. I walked up to the porch and went inside the house and locked the door. When i turned around to head up to the attic where i sleep i banged right in to the wall.

Wait a second...theres not supposed to be a wall there. I slowly looked up and saw Stan.

How is he home!?!?! His car isnt outside.

TRIGGER WARNING(ABUSE)

"Hey there you slut" I jumped at that, i didnt like swear words. "Why wont you tell me why you were out this late?" Stan asked in a calm tone. I didnt respond and looked down at my feet. I felt his hand grab my hair and force me to look up at him. He was about 6'0 so he was towering over my 5'2 body.

"Look at me! Im waiting for an answer!" There was a akward silence. "I bet you were at a boys house being the whore you are, werent you?"

I quickly shook my head. "Then tell me where you were you nasty bitch!"

I knew i had to say something. "I-I.... I was a-at... the st-studio..." I whisphered.

He started to laugh like a maniac. "You hear this Rob" He turned to someone behind him, im guessing his drunk friend. "This little poor exuse of a slut was at a studio! HAHAHA OMG!" He stopped laughing out of no where and gripped my hair tighter and yanked me to the ground.

"You little bitch was stealing my money, werent cha?" He said in a low nasty voice. I quickly shook my head.

"THEN HOW DID YOU GET INTO A STUDIO?" He yelled right into my hear. I dont like screaming so my internal reaction is to start to cry, which i do.

"Awww the poor baby is sad..." Stan said in a baby voice which made his friend laugh. He came down to my ear and whisphered "Im about to give you a real reason to cry."

Then i got a kick to the stomach, ribs, legs, and hips. They just kept coming, I couldnt really hear over my loud and painful sobs but i did hear some mumbling. I felt the kicking stop and then a really big and hard kick right to my ribs. I opened my eyes a little bit and saw big boots, i knew Stans friend was now having some fun too. Afer 2 minutes they got bored and picked me up and both gave me a huge slap on the face and through me on the ground again and left me there.

I slowly crawled painfully over to the stairs up to second floor and then took a break. Then took a deep breath and crawled over to the second pair of stairs which lead to the attic. I laid on the plain matress and cried for a good 10 minutes. That was the worst beating of my life, everything on me is sore or numb. I slowly lifted up my shirt to check if my ribs were okay, they were all bruised pretty badly but not broken.

I laid down on the matress again and tried to drift off to sleep until i heard a loud bang from down stair...