Chapter Three

"Hey Chris, come on down here please." Uncle Charlies voice carried up the stairs startling Christina from her nap.
"One second Uncle Charlie" she called back. Christina got up and stretched then ran down the first set of stairs, closing the attic door behind her. As she ran down the next set of stairs she heard a couple new voices in the living room. Rounding the corner she saw her uncle in his spot on the couch, standing in front of him was Bella and someone who Christina assumed was her boyfriend.

"Bella! Hi!" Christina ran over and pulled her cousin into a hug
"Hi Christina! I'm glad you're here, I've missed you." Bella let go of Christina and looked up at the gentleman standing next to her and smiled "Christina, this is my boyfriend, Edward."

"Hi Edward, it's nice to meet you." She reached her hand out to shake his and almost jumped back when his cold hand met hers.

"It's nice to meet you as well Christina" he spoke in a voice that was almost too smooth to be real.

"So Chris, did you get all settled in?" Charlie asked after a moment of silence.

"I did, thanks. Now I just need to get my boxes here and I'll be good to go. Oh also, could someone give me a ride to the store later, I have a few things I need to get."

"We can make that happen, I thought we could go to the diner to eat, maybe you and Bella could drive separately and she could stop by the store after we eat?"

"Yeah I can do that, not a problem." Bella said, reaching over to Edward for his hand she continued "want me to walk you out?"

"Sure, I should get home before dinner" Edward smiled at both Charlie and Christina "Nice seeing you both, I'll see you later."

"See ya Edward." Charlie said focusing back on the tv.

"Bye nice to meet you again." Christina called out as Edward walked out the door.

Charlie groaned as he got up from the couch "you girls about ready to go?"

Bella walked back into the room and said "Yeah, let me put my bag away first."

As she ran upstairs, Christina walked over to Charlie and quietly said "Edward seems nice enough."

Charlie grunted and crossed his arms "Yeah I guess."

Christina smiled as Bella came bounding down the stairs "okay, I'm ready."

They walked outside and Christina looked at Bella's truck "whoa vintage, nice."

Bella smiled "Yeah I like it, a friend fixed it up before Dad bought it for me and it runs pretty decent."

The girls climbed in the truck as Charlie pulled away from the curb heading towards the diner. They made small talk catching up on each other's lives as Bella drove through town eventually pulling into the parking lot. Christina looked up and saw the diner along with a few teenagers standing outside of it.

Bella sighed as she turned the truck off and Christina chuckled "friends of yours?"
"Yeah, you could say that" Bella said rolling her eyes. Christina walked into the diner while Bella was stopped by her friends. As Christina looked around for Charlie she happened to see a Help Wanted sign posted by the register, making a note to visit them sometime to apply she headed over to Charlies table.

Bella joined them and they placed their order with their waitress. Christina stifled a yawn and Charlie asked "a little tired there, Chris?"

She smiled and said "yeah, early flight too I guess that nap I took before Bella came home didn't help much." Bella smiled across the table at her "so what do you need from the store? That way I know if we should take a trip out to Port Angeles or just stay here." "Oh we can just stay here, I only need some shampoo and stuff like that. Anything else that needs a trip out further than Forks I can wait on." Bella nodded and said "cool, we can just go to the store around the corner then, they should have everything you would need." "Thanks again, I appreciate it Bella." "Hey, no problem, I'm just glad you're here." Both girls smiled at each other and Charlie sat up as the waitress arrived with their orders.