Chapter Thirteen

Parking at the beach they both got out of the truck and started to make their way down to the sand hand in hand. Christina felt his heartbeat speed up a little and looked over at him and saw his jaw clenched. "Hey, you okay?" He looked back at her and smiled "yeah I'm okay, just thinking." They stopped at a rock and decided to sit down for a bit. Sam looked over at Christina and asked "Do you know anything about the history or legends of my tribe?" Christina looks up at him a little confused "no, I haven't really thought about it to be honest, why?" Sam takes a deep breath in "This is going to sound a little crazy, but please don't go anywhere until I am able to explain everything." Christina looked at him "okay, I'll stay."

Sam proceeds to tell her about the legends of a select few people in the tribe phasing and turning into wolves. He tells her about why they turn into wolves and watches her closely for any sort of bad reaction. After he finished he looked back at her "so are you thoroughly freaked out yet?" Christina smiled at him "would you be weirded out if I said I wasn't?" He laughed and put his arm around her and pulled her closer. She rested her head on his chest "is the wolf thing the reason you're always so warm?" He chuckled and kissed the top of her head "yeah that's why." "Could I see you in wolf form sometime? Or is that something secret?" He tensed a little and she looked up at him as he looked down at her "it's not a secret, it's just not always safe. I'd rather show you when a couple of the other guys are there just in case."  Christina nodded and settled back into his arms.

"There's one other thing I want to tell you. One of the things that is also hand in hand with being a shifter is that we imprint. We have been given this one person that is supposed to complete us, our soulmate if you will. Someone who we will be with forever and we are meant to protect." Christina looked up at him with hope in her eyes "please don't say that you found yours and I won't see you again." He smiled down at her pulled her closer to him "You are my imprint." She smiles so big and throws her arms around his neck as he wraps his arms around her and holds her tight. "You have no idea how nice it is that you know now." He sighed "I hate saying this but I should probably get you home." She pulled back and said "yeah I guess so." They start walking back to the truck "do you have work tomorrow?" She grabbed his hand "nope, I don't work until Tuesday evening." He squeezed her hand and asked "did you want to get together tomorrow and hang out then?" "Sure, what time?" "How about I pick you up around 11? We can have lunch at my place." "Sounds great." 

He helped her up in the truck and closed the door at made his way to the drivers side. Driving down the road he reached over and took her hand, she looked over at him and gave his hand a reassuring squeeze. He pulled into the driveway and his cell phone went off. He glanced at it with furrowed eyebrows and put it on the seat. Turning to look at Christina he pushed a strand of hair behind her ear. "Thanks for listening to everything and for coming with me tonight." She smiled "thanks for telling me everything, I had a great night." "So did I , I'll see you tomorrow?" "Yeah, 11, right?" He nodded "want me to walk you to the door?" "No that's okay, you don't need to." He had already unbuckled his seatbelt "too bad, I'm gonna do it anyway." She laughed and met him in front of the truck.

They reached the front door and turned to look at each other. "I'll call you in the morning, okay?" She nodded and felt those butterflies return. He looked down at her with a small smile on his face and leaned down and gave her a quick kiss. She smiled up at him and blushed a little. Suddenly the poach light turned on and they both laughed "I'll see you later Sam" she reached up and kissed his cheek before going inside. He smiled to himself as he walked back to his truck hearing his phone ringing again.

Christina walked into the house and saw Charlie standing suspiciously close to the light switch. "Ahh so that was you." He took a sip of his beer "don't know what you are talking about, I just got here." She laughed "mhmm okay well I'm going up to bed then." Charlie chuckled "gotta get some rest so you can spend tomorrow with him too, huh?" Christina turned around with her eyes wide "I knew you were listening!" He laughed and ducked at she threw her sandal at him before going upstairs to bed.