Chapter Ten

For Christina, the rest of the week seemed to pass fairly quickly. She enjoyed getting to know her coworkers more and getting to spend time with Charlie as well. Bella was still a zombie most of the time and followed a routine of school, bedroom, and repeat. Christina was up in her room cleaning when she heard Bella come home from school and Charlie went out to talk to her. Christina peeked out the window to see them deep in discussion but she wasn't able to hear anything. Going back to cleaning she wondered what they could be talking about, she knew that Charlie was worried and upset with Bella so she assumed it was something to do with that.

"No I'm not going" Bellas voice rose louder "You can't make me go to Mom's."

Christina's eyebrows rose as she tried to figure out what Charlie said that made Bella panic. She heard the front door close and Bella go up to her room. Finishing up her room she went downstairs to see what she could do to help with dinner. As she walked past Bella's door she heard her talking about a movie to someone on the phone and she could only assume it had to do with the conversation earlier. Reaching the living room she saw Charlie sitting on the couch and went and sat down next to him.

"Gave her an ultimatum?" Charlie chuckled and said "You heard that huh?"
"Not until she got obviously upset and her voice got loud enough for me to hear." Charlie nodded "yeah well she needed something to kickstart her back to normalcy." He sighed and ran his hand through his hair "how about we go to the diner for dinner tonight?" "Sounds good to me, want me to get Bella?" "Nah she's going out with a friend, it'll be just us." "Sounds good, well whenever you want to leave is fine with me." Charlie nodded "Let's wait for Bella to leave then we'll head out so she can't back out of what she's told me." Christina laughed and said "sure."

Not five minutes later they heard Bella's door open and then her coming down the stairs "well I'm off to meet Jessica, I'll see you guys later."

"Have fun kiddo" Charlie replied looking over the back of the couch. They waited until they heard her truck start up and make its way down the road before getting up and heading out the door themselves.

Later that night Christina was in her room when her phone rang, picking it up she saw it was Sam. Smiling she answered "hey Sam, what's up?" "Hey Christina, not much, just wanted to check and make sure that we were still on for Sunday?" "Yeah, six, right?" "Yeah if that works for you" "Yeah that's fine, what place did you have in mind?" "Well I figured we could do an this Italian restaurant in Port Angela's, how does that sound?" "Oooo that sounds good, I love Italian food." "Good, I'm glad, well I have to go but I'll see you Sunday." "Okay, I'll see ya, have a good night Sam." "You too, sleep well Christina."

She got off the phone and smiled up at the ceiling. She couldn't believe how everything was so different from just a month ago. Almost as if the universe heard her her phone dinged with a text message "I miss you, I'll get you back someday" Christina sighed. Deciding not to let it get to her and mess up the good mood she was in she decided to block his number. Getting up she then went to pick out her clothes to wear for her date with Sam. After decided on a simple flowy skirt and white top she walked into her bathroom to get ready for bed.

The next morning she woke up and got ready for work, going downstairs for breakfast she noticed Bellas bedroom door open. Peeking in she didn't see the girl and assumed she ended up staying at her friends house. Going into the kitchen she didn't expect to see her and Charlie sitting at the table having breakfast together. It took Christina a moment to collect herself and make her way over to the coffee pot. "Need a refill Uncle Charlie?" He laughed 'sure but I'm not gonna pay you for it." Christina smiled and said "very funny uncle Charlie" She glanced at Bella and even noticed a small smile reach her face. After breakfast Christina said goodbye to the two of them and made her way to her car to go to work.

Her shift at work went fast as they were staying pretty steady that day. She checked her phone before leaving work to see a message from Charlie asking her to bring some cobbler home. Chuckling to her self she went to place the order and once it was brought out she went home. Going into the house she called out "You do know I can just make it here, right?" He laughed and said "yeah but then I'd have to wait for it, this way I get it immediately." Christina laughed and rolled her eyes "I swear we could get you to do almost anything for a piece of that cobbler." He laughed "not quite but it definitely helps to butter me up. Thanks Chris, I appreciate it."  "No problem, I'm gonna go shower, I smell like the diner right now and it's not my favorite fragrance." Charlie nodded as he grabbed a serving of the cobbler before planting himself on his usual spot on the couch.

The rest of the evening passed like normal, the only difference being that Bella stayed downstairs longer than previously, not that neither Charlie or Christina minded. As Christina looked at the clock she realized how late it was and decided to go ahead and go to bed. Seeing Charlie passed out on the couch she just went upstairs. Climbing into bed she couldn't help but think of the next evening and looking forward to spending some time with Sam.