Ch 16: Partnered with Mate

Theo's POV: 

After my little chat with Dylan, I walk to my next class to see my mate. It's a business elective and I think I'm going to really like it. At our pack school, I would just take some alpha classes. But since I'm not there anymore, I have to take a human equivalent which is business. I walk in and see my mate with an open seat. I can practically feel Xavier wagging his tail at the fact our mate saved us a seat. I walk over and see shes already got her stuff out for this class so I get mine out as well. 

"So what did you and Dylan talk about?" I get why she's curious. Her brother already expressed his dislike for me. 

"Nothing much. Just had a friendly conversation and got over the issue." She nods her head. Though, I can tell she's a bit skeptical still. We keep talking a bit and then class starts. 

"Okay class. For the next two weeks you and a partner will be making a business plan for a business. You will each have the same amount of start money. However, you will pull from a hat to see how much you'll get from an investor or a silent business partner. Now do you think you guys can pick your own partners or will I have to do it for you?" The class immediately starts picking. 

"So since you're the only one I know here. Would you be up to being partners?" Alex lets out a little laugh and I couldn't help it. That was the cutest laugh ever.

"Ya sure why not." Once everyone has their partners, we continue class. The project is supposed to be worked on outside only. Which is perfectly fine with me. That just means I get to see Alex much more. Not only do I get to see my mate more, but I also get to use that time to ask her out. 

"If you would have listened to me, we would have already had our mate in our arms with our mark. But no we have to wait. You're just scared that she'll reject you." Xaviers been kinda mad about waiting so he's been butting in any time I think of ways to ask her out. 

"If we marked her already she would probably run for the hills and never talk to us. She's human so we have to go at a human's speed." Xavier lets out a little growl and just huffs. He knows I'm right in the end but he just doesn't want to admit it. Not to mention, for most werewolf couples, the females wouldn't leave the males side. I'm not saying I wish I was mated to a female wolf. I love my mate no matter what. And Alex is more perfect than I could have ever discovered. It would just have been easier. 

"Maybe if you work on your project late, shell get tired and cuddle up to us while you work on it." Xavier loved his grooming session. I know embarrassing but he loved the feeling of her hands on him. Not to mention, he had our mates full attention. 

"We'll have her in our arms soon enough. Just be patient. It takes time and then when we do get here. We'll never let her go." I promise him and fully intend to keep. 

Class continues and finishes five minutes early. We were given the option to start the chapter homework or work on our project a bit. 

"So what do you want to do for the project?" I'd do any idea she has. She may not know this but she has me wrapped around her finger already. 

"Well I want to open a dog grooming salon and daycare so maybe we could do that. It would give me a trial run on one for my actual business. Unless you have another idea?" 

"We can do yours. I honestly couldn't think of business idea. Plus from what Sean said, you already known dog grooming salons so it should be easier." 

"Okay that sounds great. How about we meet up later to work on the project."

"Ya that'll work. Your place or mine?"

"We can do mine if you want. Dylan wont be home until later so we can do it then." 

"Okay that sounds great."