Ch 56: Theo's Pain

Theo's POV: 

After we were both packed, we hung out at Alex's house for a bit. We were planning on leaving tomorrow. That way we would all be able to hang out a bit before and after the shoot. Not to mention, I think everyone could use the vacation after the whole trial. We hung around Alex's house for an hour or so before she got a text that her brother was going to bring his girlfriend home. Even though Alex wants to pretend she's fine with her brother, I know she's still a bit put off by him. I grabbed her bag and took it to the car as she threw some clothes in a backpack for tonight. I still don't understand why she won't just take a bunch of clothes to my house. If it was up to me, we would have our place. I don't like when were separated. Not to mention Xavier's got separation anxiety. I waited in the car since she said she wouldn't be long and eventually she came out. 

After she came out and got in the car, we made our way to my house. We ended up having a calm quiet night. We just hung out in my room and went to the kitchen now and then for snacks. I know Sean is avoiding Carter and me. I don't care though. I'm still mad about his actions. Hurt or not. You do not threaten a so-called friend's mate! After a bunch of movies and snacks, I noticed Alex fell asleep. I shut off the tv and carried Alex into our bed. After I got her in bed and made sure she was comfy, I left the room to go and grab a drink before joining her. While walking from my room, I noticed it was really quiet. Abnormally quiet? I just shrugged it off and ignored it. Oh, boy was I wrong.

Once I got to the kitchen, I immediately knew why it was abnormally quiet. Sean. Leave it to me to pick the wrong time to grab a drink. Before I stood the mate was threatening. I could feel Xavier trying to take control. I know I should control him but at the same time. I kinda want to let him make it extremely clear a threat to my mate will not be tolerated. While I was having an internal battle between my conscious, my wolf, and my brain, Sean dropped to his knees and bore his neck to me. Before I could even say anything, he beat me to it. 

"I know you most likely hate me. More like despising me. And I deserve that. I should have never thought of any harm or threat to my future luna and future beta female. If you wish to punish me I will take it. I deserve much worse than what I was given at the trial. You deserve to do worse. As does Xavier." At that Xavier tried even harder to take control. I knew then that I couldn't let him. Not only would our mate be mad that we went against the trial outcomes but also I could see that he has already learned quite a bit from the past few days. 

"I'm not going to hurt you. You were my best friend from diapers. You were my brother for heaven's sake. Do you even realize how much it hurt when you threatened my mate? Do you even know how much it killed me to know you were mad I found my other half? I get you're hurt and I get it must suck that you're the last to find their mate out of us. But at the same time. I've never felt such betrayal in my entire life." I could see the hurt on his face but I had to get it all out. "You were my family. Even if I want to kill you. You were my brother and you were family. We were family. All you had to do was tell me how you were feeling. I would've listened. I would've tried to help you any way I could. Hell, I would've arranged for you to meet with every pack on the earth if you told me you wanted your mate. But instead, you kept it in. Out of all things you could've kept inside. Your choice to keep something in that hurt both of us! Your threat to my mate hurt me just as much as you not being with yours. And what's worse is once you made that threat. I lost all feelings of family, brotherhood, and even friendship with you. The day you made that threat, I felt that I lost my brother. So no I don't want to punish you. No, I don't want anything to do with you right now. Because right now, when I look at you. All I see is what I lost." By the end, both Sean and I were emotional messes. I didn't even care about getting a drink anymore. I just left and went back to my room. 

Once I got back to my room, I wasn't fully aware of everything going on. I was so confused about how I felt. I started pacing and my breathing become irregular. I could feel Xavier on edge and I couldn't tell what he was feeling. I felt as if my emotions were trying to kill me. I couldn't breathe properly. I kept pacing for I don't even know how long until I felt sparks around my waist. I turned around and saw my mate with her arms around me. Instinctively, I wrapped my arms around her and just held her. I stuck my nose into the crease of her neck and just took deep breaths. It wasn't until I started to smell something salty that I realized I was crying. Once I realized that I couldn't contain anything anymore. I dropped to my knees and just cried. I couldn't stop. I tried acting like everything was okay. I tried making sure my mate felt safe. I tried acting like everything was normal and I wasn't hurt by the betrayal but for some reason, I couldn't contain it anymore. I felt my mate wrap her arms around me once again and she just held me as I let all the pain out.