Chapter 2

I am Muazzez, granddaughter of Aybige Hatun and Bali Bey, I came to the capital because of the death of Sultan Suleiman Khan.

The trip to my parents 'palace and Topkapi Palace took a couple of days but I arrived.

I entered the palace and saw Nurbanu, Şah, Ismihan and Gevherhan Sultan standing and waiting for Prince Murad to return to the capital.

"Sultanas," I said, bowing.

"Muazzez, you have finally arrived, you have grown into a very pretty girl, I can't even recognize you, I last saw you when you were a child,"  She said with a smile on her face.

"Thank you Sultana, and I am very glad to see you," I said and extended me her hand and I kissed it, then i  stood in line with Shah, Ismihan and Gevherhan.

"Destur Sehzade Murad Hazretreli

"Destur Sehzade Murad Hazretreli." We all bowed except Nurbanu Sultan. When Murad approached his mother she extended her hand to him and he kissed her, then they hugged.

"My Murad, my brave lion, I can finally see you, I missed so much!" Nurbanu said

"I missed you too valide, I couldn't wait to see you and my father!" Murad said in his mother's arms.

Then he approached his three sisters. "Şah, Gevherhan, Ismihan, I'm very glad to see you," he said.

Then he came up to me "Muazzez, is that you, I last saw you when we were children, I'm very glad to see you," he said.

"Me too Sehzade, I'm very glad to see you too," I said and looked deep in his brown eyes. He put his hands on my shoulders and left.

Behind him walked a blonde, short girl with brown eyes, she looked at me she smiled looking in my face, I didn't know what to do, so I smiled back at her, I wondered who she was and what she was doing here?

In that moment Mihrimah Sultan came in. ,,Murad, you finally came back ti the capital, we really missed you here, anyways do yku like the gift that I sent you?" Mihrimah asked.

"Yes, Sultana, I really liked the shirt you sent me, it suits me great!" Murad said.

"Yes, it fits you very well, I knew blue was your favorite color!," she said.

"By the way I'd like to share a good news with y'all, My favorite, Safiye Sultan is pregnant again!." He said. The smile on Nurbanu's face was gone. I didn't know how to feel.

 I didn't know how to feel

They gave me chambers. They were big and beautiful, I also had two maids Esma and Nazli. I decided to take a break and read a book. As soon as I sat down, someone knocked on my door. "Come in," I said.

It was Lufti aga. "Muazzez Hatun, Nurbanu Sultan is inviting you to lunch in the garden," he said.

I got ready and left. When I got there was Sehzade Murad and Safiye. "Sultana, Sehzade," I bowed.

"Come Muazzez, sit here," Nurbanu said.

We ate and chatted. "Muazzez, we need to spend more time together, I heard you know fencing," Murad said. I blushed.

,,Yes Sehzade, you know, it was my grandpa's wish, I learned to fight, so when he died, I practiced with my father, "I said with a smile on my face. Safiye gave me her death stare but I paid no attention to it.

After lunch I went back to my chambers and continued reading

After lunch I went back to my chambers and continued reading. Page by page the book was very interesting and when I read the whole book I realized that it was already dark.

"Esma prepare a hammam for me," I said.

"All right, Muazzez hatun." She said and left my chambers.

I walked into the hammam and Safiye was there. I sat, while Esma washed my hands.

"Leave us alone," Safiye said. Esma looked at me and I nodded to her as a sign to go out.

"What spell did you put on Murad when he suddenly wants to spend time with you like that?" She asked me, taking a cherry in her hand.

"Sultana, I am not a witch, it is not my fault that the prince wants to see me," I said.

"All right, Hatun, but don't dream anything with Murad or I will destroy, he is only mine, and you can't change it." she said, she looked so mad.

"If I really wanted Murad, he would have invited me to the halvet by now Safiye, don't be so sure," I said. Safiye angrily left the hammam and I was left to enjoy myself.