𝐉𝐚𝐦𝐞𝐬 𝐏𝐨𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫⁵

𝖥𝗎𝖼𝗄 𝗒𝗈𝗎ت︎

s/t -pale or dark (skin tone)

≤----------≥

Y/N and James have been best friends for as long as they can remember and were both attached by the hip,
as that small and weird saying goes.
But, not every friendship lasts forever.

≤----------≥

"POTTER!!" A females voice called from the school corridor "I ALREADY APOLOGISED, EVANS!" James screached, running down the corridor only a few steps ahead from Lily, who was absolutely fuming.

James had gone up to Snape and hexed the slimy git, who was now stuck in a tree in the school court yard and Lily was not happy at all!

"PRONGS, WHAT'S WRONG THIS TIME?" Sirius yelled, exiting the transfiguration classroom "Shhhh." James hushed the boy, placing the palm of his hand over his mouth "I need to hide, like right now, so move!" James rushed out, pushing the dark haired boy away from the huge, brown doors and pulling them open.

"James?" He heard a voice ask. "What are you doing??" James slowly turned around to face a (h/c) girl sat at one of the desks that was placed near the back.

"Nothing, Y/N, just running from someone." James said quietly "What have you done too, Evans, now?" She asked the huffing boy, who had his hands placed on his knees and breathing in and out really deeply.

To be completely honest, Y/N did not understand what James saw in Lily.
Sure, she was beautiful, hard working and kind at times but the girl had shown no interest in James unlike Y/N, yet, he still pushed Y/N aside and placed his main focus on Lily no matter what.

"I might of hexed Snape, but, you should of see it, my lord it was FUNNY!" James spoke the last word of the sentence a bit louder than he did the rest and fully turned to face the (s/t) girl who sat there with a blank expression on her face "If you like her SOOO much, why do you pick and bully her only fr- I mean best friend. I'm sure that would only just upset her and make her hate you more, James." The girl stated "Not like it would be a bad thing.." She muttered under her breath before looking back at her childhood "best friend".

"But, you should hear how he talks too her!!" James defended with a scowl "Merlin, sorry." Y/N replied in a mockingly sweet voice and rolling her eyes ever so slightly "James, do you ever think that maybe, if Lily, was upset with what Snape was saying she would of left be now, I mean, she is an extremely intelligent young lady. So, why would she stay?" Y/N asked calmly whilst grabbing her books and stuffing them into her small, brown bag.

"Why do you care anyways?!" James snapped back "All you ever do is put me down! Why can't you be more supportive like Sirius and Peter, I mean, even Remus supports me a little bit!! But you just- you constantly look down on me, it's so frustrating! Let me be happy for once!" James shouted at the (h/c) girl, who sat there with a surprised look on her face, at James' random explosion.

"ME?! ARE YOU THAT FUCKING BLIND THAT YOU CAN'T SEE THAT SHE DOESN'T WANT YOU JAMES?! I MEAN, SHE LITERALLY RUNS AWAY FROM YOU AND YET YOU STILL ALWAYS CHOOSE HER OVER US!!" Y/N yelled back, her face going red and her hands slowly beginning to shake ever so slightly.

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN "US"?! DO YOU MEAN THE BOYS?! BECAUSE I DON'T BELIEVE THEY CARE IF I LEAVE THEM TO GO FIND THE GIRL THAT I'M IN LOVE WITH!" James defended once again, if they boy could breathe fire the entire class would be light a flame. "ARE YOU DUMB JAMES?! OH MY LORD, DON'T YOU THINK IT'S TIME TO GROW THE FUCK UP AND STOP ACTING LIKE A FIVE YEAR OLD WHO IS CONSTANTLY THROWING A TEMPER TANTRUM?"

"SHE .DOES .NOT .LIKE .YOU .JAMES!! GET THAT THROUGH YOUR THICK SKULL WILL YOU?!" Y/N exclaimed in frustration before throwing one of her many books at the boy who stood fuming at the door.

"James.." Y/N sighed out his name and took a step towards the brunette boy
"I know it must suck to hear, but, she does not like you the way you like her." Y/N explained as she slowly stalked forwards towards the now upset looking boy who was looking directly at the wooden floor.

"She will eventually, I know she will!" James huffed out in a defeated tone
"James, I am sorry to say this but you have to choose, me or her?" She stated as the boy slowly lifted his head and looked at her with furrowed brows "Why are you like this, Y/N? what did Lily ever DO TO YOU?!" His voice quickly be coming loud again.

"I knew you were half blind, but, I didn't realise it was this bad." Y/N muttered to herself but obviously James had heard the (h/c) girl and now looked at the her with a confused expression on him face, "What do you mean?" James asked, finally calming down and breathing normally once again.

"MY GOD!! I LIKE YOU, YOU DICKHEAD!!
I HAVE LIKED YOU FOR YEARS BUT YOU NEVER SEEMED TO NOTICE BECAUSE YOU JUST BECAME SO OBSESSED WITH YOUR PERFECT "LILY FLOWER" THAT YOU SLOWLY BEGAN TO FORGET ABOUT ME!!" She screamed, tears now streaming down her (s/t) cheeks. "So, James, pick one, me or her?" Y/N repeated with a little hope,
Y/N had the tiniest bit of hope that maybe James would choose his best friend and leave the ginger girl alone, but, thats not the answer she got.

"I choose, Lily, then. Thank you for the years of friendship you have provided me with and for always sticking up for me, or just being my shoulder to cry on, but, this is the end of this friendship altogether." James said whilst looking the young (h/h) girl directly in her eyes which now had more tears filling them up.

"J-james.. You're joking right?" Y/N's voice cracked with every word she spoke "I've known you since we were two!" Y/N said in disbelief as her eyes roamed his face, looking for any type of smirk or lie that might be hiden on there, but, she found nothing, honesty shining in his eyes as he started back at the now heartbroken girl.

"You know what, fuck you, James!" Y/N screamed before grabbing her bag and making her way towards the wooden oak doors "Fuck you!" Y/N said again before slapped the boy across the face and pulling the heavy doora open.

"FUCK YOU, FUCK YOU, FUCK YOU!!!" Y/N yelled whilst running down the corridor with tears rapidly falling from her eyes.

𝗺𝗮𝘆𝗯𝗲 𝗻𝗼𝘁 𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗿𝘆 𝗳𝗿𝗶𝗲𝗻𝗱𝘀𝗵𝗶𝗽 𝗶𝘀 𝗺𝗲𝗻𝘁 𝘁𝗼 𝗹𝗮𝘀𝘁

𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐑

....
.
.
.
.°••°.🧹.°••°.

°••°