Rule Number One

"See you later guys, love ya!" Marinette yelled at her parents and grabbed a croissant as she ran out the door, late again to her first class. She had stayed up all night wondering what to list on the dating contract, only to decide at 3 am that it'd be better if she and Chat Noir worked on it together. She laughed at the idea, taking a bite of the croissant and throwing the rest in her bag for Tikki to eat.

"Should I tell Alya?" Marinette wondered out loud. "Better not, she might want to write about it on her ladyblog..." Marinette decided and slowed down as she reached the steps of her school. "Or she might tell Nino who will tell Adrien and then he'll think I'm off the dating market and there go all my chances with Adrien!" Marinette continued to mutter under her breath, not realizing that she ran right into Alya.

"Hey girl, what's on your mind so early in the morning?" Alya laughed as she grabbed a hold of Marinette before she could fall.

"Haha oh hey Alya! I um- you see-"

"Save it, here comes Adrien! Let's go say good morning to him!" Alya, still grabbing onto Marinette, dragged her over to the curb as Adrien's car came to a stop in front of them.

"Hey, Adrien!" Alya lifted Marinette's hand and waved for her.

As Adrien stepped out of his car and locked eyes with Marinette, memories of last night quickly flooded to his head. He suddenly felt himself blush.

" Don't be weird it's just Marinette your friend " he thought to himself

"Oh hey M'la-M-Marinette!" Adrien stood out of the car too quickly and banged his head on the roof of the car, causing him to drop his books.

Marinette clamped her hand over her mouth as a laugh escaped her lips. "I didn't mean to laugh, sorry! Are you okay?" She stepped in to help him pick up his books

"Haha it's okay, it was funny! I'm fine thanks-" He laughed and rubbed the back of his head, stepping fully out of the car and closing the door behind him.

"Hehe gotta go!" Adrien held onto his bag and ran into the building, one hand still rubbing the back of his head.

"It hasn't even been a day and I almost blew it!" Adrien said, locking himself in a bathroom stall.

"I told you so ~ " Plagg sang as he came out from Adrien's shirt and floated in front of him.

" Almost blew it! You should be rooting for me! I just got nervous for some reason. I haven't seen Marinette since last night on the balcony and I had forgotten that to her I'm just Adrien Agreste, not Chat Noir." He sighed in defeat

"Um yeah, but isn't she in love with Adrien Agreste, not Chat Noir?" Plagg asked

"A decision I will never understand, Adrien sucks! Chat Noir doesn't. Oh well, I guess I'll just have to get through the day avoiding Marinette, I don't want to possibly slip up again!" He opened his shirt for Plagg to get back in, who in return rolled his eyes and muttered "well this should be interesting" before going into the shirt.

~ Meanwhile ~

"Um, what was that about?" Alya shot Marinette a puzzled look, who in turn shrugged and turned around to head into the building.

"Did Adrien Agreste just stutter and fall while talking to you, Marinette? And you didn't do either of those! Tell me what's going on, did you swap bodies?" Alya asked as they headed up the stairs to their classroom.

"Um" Marinette looked down to see that she was still holding onto Adrien's books. "Hey look! I'll hand these to them when he gets into class and he'll be so thankful he'll have to fall in love with me! Right, Alya?" She turned to Alya who was busy talking to Nino.