twelve.

"Taylor, thank god you called," Tree says, instnatly picking up the phone. "I'm trying to figure out what the best course of action is to take right now. We obviously can't get the pictures entirely erased from the internet but-"

"What can we do to protect Ayla?" Taylor cuts Tree off. "That's the most important thing to me right now."

"I know. It always has been the most important, since the day you called me and said you needed to disappear. We were doing so well. What happened?"

"It's just that. We were doing so well... I wasn't thinking. I had forgotten what it was like," Taylor admits. "There must have been somebody with a long lens. I didn't see anybody and I must've lost my ear for hearing camera clicks... I don't know. I was stupid. I'm sorry."

"It's frustrating, but you're only human. We will work it out," Tree says. "As for what we can do to protect Ayla... I'm not sure. We've had the school discussion before."

"I'm not homeschooling her," Taylor states firmly. "Absolutely not. She needs social interaction. I know she's already probably behind because I didn't send her to preschool. On top of that, I don't have the time to do it, and she absolutely loves school. Homeschooling is not in the question."

"Neither is private school, I'm guessing?"

"No. Her school situation is one thing that I will not be changing," Taylor states firmly.

"Okay..." Taylor knows that Tree disapproves of that decision, but at the end of the day, Taylor is the parent. "Well," Tree continues, "speak to her teacher. I know you have in the past, but keep that open communication going strong. If I were you, I might keep her home from school on at least Monday to give the situation some time to calm down."

"I'll see what it looks like and make that decision on Monday. It's not a habit I want to get into."

"And that's fair," Tree says. "But one suggestion that I do want to make is that maybe she shouldn't go into New York for a little bit. They're going to be watching for you there. If I had to guess, somebody spilled some news that you were at auditions... probably one of the people who auditioned. That's probably why the photographers were in the area. They know where you're rehearsing now. You can hide from them more easily if you're alone. I know you don't want to make Ayla take any of the precautions that you do, like wearing the wig."

Taylor sighs. Tree is probably right. She just has no idea how she'll be able to keep Ayla from New York for the time being. "I have to be there every evening for rehearsals."

"Taylor," Tree says with a laugh, "get a babysitter. You can afford it."

Taylor swallows. She knows that Tree's idea is the one that will be best for Ayla's safety, but she doesn't love having to leave her daughter with a babysitter, especially every day after school. Not only that, but Ayla has never had a babysitter before. Only Blake, on occasions that are absolutely necessary, and when Blake comes, so do her kids. That's more of a playdate than anything.

"I don't know..."

"Do you have any other suggestions?"

"No... I just don't know of anybody who could babysit, I guess... that's a lot of trust. I'd be letting somebody into my house and allowing them to take care of my child... she's the only thing I have that..." Taylor takes a deep breath. "She's the only thing in my life that... that makes me feel normal. I don't want to risk anything with her."

"Taylor," Tree says, "it's not my job to tell you how to parent, but it's my job to tell you what I think might be best for your career and your image, especially in situations like this, so I'm going to tell you what I think. Thousands of kids stay with babysitters every single day, and how often do you ever hear about something going wrong? Almost never. I think that Ayla would be just fine with a babysitter."