moving day

"paris is never late"

♡♡♡

"Branford H10... Branford H10..." I muttered to myself as I looked down at my paper and tried to guide myself to my dorm for sophomore year. I hadn't actually lived in a dorm before, even though the scholarship covered it. 

For freshman year, I had chosen to stay in an apartment upstairs from the restaurant I work at, which is only a ten minute drive from school. It worked out great; I would work, go to class and back to work, which was also my home. My boss, the owner of the building the restaurant is in, was very generous and let me take tiny the apartment for hardly anything, but unfortunately I won't be able to stay there anymore because according to the health and safety inspectors, it doesn't qualify as an apartment. 

So now, I walk aimlessly around Yale, very heavy bags in hands, looking for my dorm. I've gone to this school for a year and still have no idea where anything is except for the library, most of the classroom buildings and the coffee cart is. 

"Excuse me," I quickened my pace as I approached the first person I saw. It was a boy, taller than me with chesnut colored, curly hair and fair skin with a light layer of stubble over his face. I remember having a couple classes with him before, but never caught his name. "Do you know where the Branford H10 dorm is?" 

"Yeah, I'm going past there now. C'mon." He replied with a small, generous smile. 

I followed the boy a couple yards away when we finally approached the Branford building. I knew what it looked like, as I've gone past it many a time, but just couldn't remember where exactly it was located. 

"Here you go. Oh, Rory!" He seemed to have gotten distracted. Rory? Rory Gilmore? As in Rory Gilmore, my brother's girlfriend? 

"Rory?" I repeated in confusion, turning my head in the direction the boy was facing to see in the flesh, Rory Gilmore. "Rory!" 

"Marty. Stella!" Rory exclaimed in reply. Rory is from my Uncle Luke's town of Stars Hollow and is my brother's girlfriend. I didn't get a chance to visit very often, but in the few times I met Rory, we became pretty good friends. I haven't had any contact with my brother for a while. Last I heard of him was from Luke, saying he went to visit our deadbeat dad, Jimmy, in California. Obviously since I haven't had any contact with him, he never told me Rory went to Yale. She always said she was gonna go to Harvard. 

Rory sped up, two bags over her shoulders and gave me a hug, which I of course returned. 

"I didn't know you go here." Rory commented with a surprised smile. I like her new short hair.

"Same goes here." I replied with a chuckle. "Wait, you're in this dorm?" I asked, gesturing to the door labelled 'Dorms H-J' and had two guys carrying a couch out front. 

"Yeah, are you?" What dorm? Rory replied excitedly.

"Yeah. H10." I cheered. 

"No way, me too!" Rory exclaimed and then we did the whole girl thing where we jump up and down, giggling and squealing. 

"Ow, my ears." The boy Rory had previously labelled Marty, complained sarcastically, covering one ear with his free hand, the other holding his duffel bag. 

"Sorry, Marty. How do you two know each other? Oh, sorry I gotta let these guys in." Rory replied. She opened the door to the foyer, letting the couch guys through. "It should be open." She said to the movers.