sick day

"did casper possess you in your sleep or something?"

"What in the..." I trailed off as I came out of my room. In the middle of our common room was a giant, wooden and metal... printing press? 

"Asher left Paris a printing press." Rory explained in attempts save me some confusion.

"Whatever, I have class." I muttered tiredly from being up all night, studying and settling in. 

After my two classes, I had a shift at the cafe and then I went back to Yale. I was feeling really tired and just overall worn out from the past couple days, so I was planning on going straight to sleep. 

When I got to my dorm, it seemed someone else was outside, about to knock on the door.

"Can I help you?" I asked, confusedly.

"Oh, do I have the right dorm? Is this Rory Gilmore's dorm?" The boy asked. I could have sworn I had seen him before. He looked so familiar. He was tall, really tall, with straight, brown hair. 

"Yeah, come on in." I replied, unlocking the door and letting him in. "Rory, you got a visitor." I announced.

"Oh, hey." Rory smiled, greeting the boy with a kiss. "Come on in. Dean, you remember Paris. And I'm not sure if you've met Stella before, she's Jess' sister." 

"How you doin', Paris? And I didn't even know Jess had a sister. Nice to meet you, Stella." Dean nodded.

"Nice to meet you, too." I replied politely. "I'm really tired, I'm gonna go to bed. Night, guys."

"Here." Said Paris, throwing me a tiny plastic packet of something.

"What are-" I began, but she cut me off.

"Earplugs. Just in case." Paris replied, 'discreetly' nodding her head toward Rory's bedroom, giving me the hint. A 19 year old couple alone in a dorm. I got the hint.

"Thanks..." I said awkwardly. "Night."

"Night." Rory and Paris replied.

I went back into my room and fell asleep for the night, feeling unusually tired.

♡♡♡

The next morning, I woke up feeling like absolute crap. I had a pounding headache, I was freezing yet boiling hot at the same time, I was tired and sore and it was just not a good feeling. The weird part is, I hardly ever get sick. Sure, I've had the common cold from time to time, but I've never had anything serious or more severe than that.

Knowing I had a busy day ahead of me, I forced myself out of bed and trudged out to our little kitchen, popping two aspirin, hoping they would help with the headache.

"Stella? You look like a mess, are you okay?" Rory emerged from her room, ready for the day, unlike me, still in my plaid pajama pants and Queen shirt that I had slept in. I could feel that my hair was a tangled mess from tossing and turning all night. I turned around fully and looked at her with tired eyes, trying to look as alive as possible.

"I'm fine. Great, actually. Sleep good?" I replied with as much energy as possible. 

"Did Casper possess you in your sleep or something? You look so pale, are you sick?" Rory asked worriedly. 

"No I'm just doing a really good impression of someone who is. I gotta get to class." I replied groggily, looking in the mini fridge for literally anything remotely edible. "We have nothing. I'm going to the dining hall for breakfast, coming with?"