+5 || rosa

A/N

Many apologies for the delayed update, I've been super busy with work and scheduling my vaccinations! I hope you're able to be vaccinated where you're from, and that you're all safe and well!

Also just want to say I'm so proud of you guys for choosing Miles! That's very satisfying to see, and I promise I'll try my best to return to Miles Away if I can.

Right now though, my primary focus is on what's coming this August. I hope you're ready for it...

x Noelle

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

+ 5

r o s a

For passion.

(now: +5)

FOR A MOMENT, she can only stare in disbelief at the woman who's just entered the room. It's been years since she last saw Florence Aryton, so the memory she has is quite different from the one standing in front of her.

Florence during their college days had sported rebellious red hair, black jackets and leather boots, and rode a motorcycle with flawless ease in direct defiance of every head cheerleader stereotype. This Florence, on the other hand, looks demure and calm, her light brown hair tucked into a neat bun, and her nurse's outfit and scrubs donned with professional perfection.

"Flo," Dylan says, and there's a brightness in his voice that makes Emma's heart twist. He sits up just a bit straighter and grins at her. "Sorry to have to call you here, I know how busy you are."

"Not at all," Flo says, as she crosses the room and removes her scrubs along the way. She shoves them into the pocket of her uniform and smiles at Emma. "Hi. I'm the nurse assigned to this ward. And you are?"

Emma studies her for a second or two. She can't tell if Flo genuinely doesn't remember her, or is pretending not to. Then again, Emma wasn't exactly anyone special back then, so she gives Flo the benefit of the doubt. "I'm Emma."

She doesn't take the hand that Flo offers to her, but Flo reaches out and shakes her hand anyway. A cool, firm handshake that Emma immediately drops. "You must be one of Dylan's friends," remarks Flo.

I'm his girlfriend, damn it, Emma wants to snap, but at the same time, she won't. The doctors have been very clear about what it means to have retrograde amnesia. Telling a patient facts about their life wouldn't make those facts true if said patient doesn't recall or believe them.

Case in point: her relationship, or now lack thereof, with Dylan.

Thankfully, before she can come up with an answer, Dylan speaks first. "She seems to think that we're something more than that," he explains to Flo. "But I don't remember her. I just remember you."

Flo meets Emma's gaze for a moment, before she looks away. There's a flicker of something—it's over in a flash, but Emma catches it anyway. And, suddenly, she understands. "He remembers you," she repeats, studying Flo carefully. "And you haven't done anything to clear that up, have you?"

Flo blinks. "What would I have to clear up?"

"He doesn't remember what came after. And you have no intention of letting him know, do you?"