Chapter 70

The Beast suddenly clamps it's wings to it's thick body, and we drop of the sky like a deadweight. Crap.
I can only hear one sound above the roaring of the wind in my ears. It's my own screaming- "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!" Or something like that.
My heart leaps in my throat, my stomach plummets, the hair on my arms stand up, the usual, all that jazz. My hair streams out behind me in a straight line, the wind tearing at it so hard my head hurts. The sheer force of the air, almost forces my eyes shut, and I press myself down close to the animal's back, trying to hold on to Coal as well.
For a second, I keep my hand wistfully upon the horn, but then decide the creature is completely, totally out of my control, and that appendage would best be of use elsewhere- Like freaking keeping me from flying off.
In the middle of all this, a bizarre thought hits me- What if Coal were to wake up right now, without a clue of what's going on? Imagine- One second, you're bleeding to death on top of a mountain- The next, you're hurtling through the air on the back of a giant sheep thing. It'd be kinda funny. Anyways...
The Beast has it's wings firmly shut, and we're falling out of the sky, spinning over and over and under and around, the wind is blowing in my face and now it's blowing the other way, and I close my eyes to stop the sudden wave of nausea, thinking of how not fun it will be to throw up right here, where I could be upside down of I could not be.
It's momentum, now, that pins Coal down- Gravity is no longer on our side. My hand isn't of much use either, though I keep it in place on his torn, bloody chest, convinced I'm doing something.
Please, please, make it stop. I think. I'm praying to nobody in particular, just to make it end, for the deafening howl of the wind in my ears to cease. I know that if I make it out of this alive, I'll never be comfortable with heights again. Let it end. Please.
Why is the Beast doing this? I thought I had made, like, a connection, you know? A deal. That it wouldn't try to kill me... For some reason... Eyes still closed, I frown, wondering if I had really been that delirious at one point. Strange.
Please, please, just let it end.
Make it stop.