confession ✜ t'challa

nakia and t'challa sat in front of each other having drinks. it wasn't surprisingly awkward or tense.

the whole conversation flowed perfectly.

t'challa had gotten a call from nakia yesterday asking if he would meet her to speak about her tribe along with ideas she had for the community.

of course t'challa let his beautiful girlfriend nya know about it all. he let her know where they would be, how long he would be out, everything. his body guards were around but that was nothing new.

t'challa knows he can't trust any and everyone, not even his ex girlfriend. despite them ending on good terms, he still had trust issues but he has his reasoning.

nya wasn't worried at all. she is so confident in herself along with her man, she knew she had nothing to worry about. and she knew if they wanted to get back together they would have a long time ago.

he chose nya. she chose him. that is all that matters. and they are happy together.

they both were laughing at a funny story that nakia had just told. one of the children had fell off the rhino in her tribe a few days ago luckily not hurting himself but got up like nothing happened but was clumsy and ended up tripping in the mud.

this story made t'challa laugh way too hard.

nakia just looked at him. she loved his laugh, always has. soon the room got silent again.

"so how are you and nya doing?" nakia got the courage to ask. t'challa finished sipping his drink before answering and nodding, "we are great."

"more than great if we are being honest." he added smiling. nakia nodded but shuddered on the inside upon hearing that.

"that's good." she said with a fake smile. but t'challa knew she was upset about something as he looked at her face.

he raised an eyebrow, "something wrong??" he asked his voice filled with curiosity.

nakia sighed, "i miss you..." she breathed heavily

t'challa coughed but stayed silent. he wasn't expecting to hear those words. nakia was patiently waiting for him to say something.

"um nakia-" she interrupted him, "i'm so jealous." he stayed silent cause he figured she had so much more to say.

"i'm jealous of the fact that she is beautiful. the fact that she is living my life. i see it at the ceremonies and events how much you truly love nya." nakia had tears running down her face.

"and there is nothing i can do about it. i know i can never get you back because i know that she is the one, she is the love of your life."

t'challa didn't really know what to say to her. he just knew that he wasn't in love with nakia at all anymore. like nakia just said nya is the love of his life, and she isn't going anywhere.

nya is the girl he plans on marrying. nya is the girl he plans on having his children with. nya is the girl he plans on being with for the rest of his life; not nakia.

he sighed, "i should go." it felt weird to stay after all nakia said and t'challa was ready to get home to his beautiful girlfriend.

he looked at nakia, "you're gonna find your king one day nakia, i promise. just wait on it." he said quickly wiping her tears away.

his bodyguards then escorted him out. nakia sat there and cracked a smile at how sweet and charming her ex still is.

she knew he was right.

she thought to herself, "one day.."

this is so short and crappy i apologize the next one will be a smidge longer and better. ugh i miss you guys. 🥰 ya'll already erik killmonger imagine is up next ;)