Chapter 3: Issues and Bonding

Three days had now passed. In this time, Kirby had done extensive research to get Susie a house. He found Chilly's home to be a perfect place for Susie to move into, but had completely forgotten the final step of giving Susie a place to stay: paying for the house. Kirby had a decent amount of money, but unfortunately didn't have enough to purchase Chilly's house. Kirby sat down on the grass, contemplating what to do.

"How will I afford to buy Susie a house? I barely have enough money for myself these days since I've been busy saving the world, which doesn't give me any money. I don't want her to stay any longer in Magolor's starcutter, but I need to get the money first..." He didn't know what to do to afford the house, and eventually put the thought aside, deciding that he would deal with Susie later—much later.

Soon, after another day, "later" had finally arrived, and Kirby met up at Castle Dedede with King Dedede, Bandana Waddle Dee, and Meta Knight—who had returned surprisingly early from his quest to find King Dedede a lavish crown—to discuss how to fix the issue. Kirby was supposed to meet them at 12 PM; it was now almost 1.

"AHHHH!!!!! I'm already going to be late!" Kirby panicked, and in a rush desperately shoved his freshly made cake into his mouth. Swallowing the cake, Kirby ran to King Dedede's castle, screaming as he rushed to meet his friends.

When Kirby arrived about 10 minutes later, all three of Kirby's friends seemed to be doing their own activities. Meta Knight was reading his favorite book, which Kirby saw was something about knights; meanwhile, King Dedede and Bandana Waddle Dee were having a food eating contest, aggressively shoving cakes and pies into their mouths.

"DONE!!!" exclaimed King Dedede, swallowing the final cake in his pile. Bandana Waddle Dee looked upset, flapping his arms up and down.

"I wanted to win! You always win—" Not wanting Bandana Waddle Dee to become more upset, Kirby intervened, smiling at his friends.

"I'm finally here guys! Look... I need your help—"

"Help with what?" asked Waddle Dee, looking somewhat curious.

"I wanted to get a house for Susie, but unfortunately, I don't have enough money to buy her one, which is why I was wondering if all of you would possibly help me fund it." Meta Knight looked up from his book, now paying close attention to the conversation.

"Well King Dedede has a decent amount of cash, so maybe he could help buy Susie a new house." Dedede looked shocked by Meta Knight's remark. He shook his head rapidly from side to side, not wanting to have to pay for an expensive house.

"Well, um, you see... I don't have much money anymore." Kirby looked slightly confused by King Dedede's statement; Dedede had a plethora of money the last time that Kirby checked.

"What happened?" asked Kirby, a look of concern forming on his round face. King Dedede looked nervous, so nervous that beads of sweat began trickling down his forehead.

"You see, I, um, gave it away to, um, a... a charity! Yes, a charity!" Meta Knight found this slightly suspicious, eying King Dedede as he spoke.

"Which charity? I hope it was a good one..." King Dedede turned pale when he heard the question; after a short pause, he answered, laughing nervously as he spoke.

"Um... Good Dee! An organization which helps Waddle Dees find, uh, homes!" Bandana Waddle Dee now looked confused, tilting its head to a side.

"Does that even exist—"

"IT EXISTS!" exclaimed King Dedede, suspiciously smiling. "It just doesn't get too much, um, publicity, so I decided to help the charity by donating!" Meta Knight once again eyed King Dedede, having trouble believing that Good Dee even existed. An awkward silence rose amongst the four friends; after a few minutes, Kirby finally broke the silence.