Chapter 5: Changes

A week had passed since Magolor confessed his former villainy to Susie. Contrary to what Magolor had believed would happen, the confession had actually strengthened Susie's bond with Magolor. For the entire week, Susie found herself doing almost everything with Magolor. They'd converse for hours on end, eat meals together, and even complete tedious chores together. Everything seemed to be going rather well for Susie, and yet something felt off.

Weirdly, Susie found herself constantly thinking about Magolor; these thoughts were somewhat odd to her, as she had never found her thoughts lingering on a specific individual, but decided to dismiss it. After all, they were just thoughts—unusual thoughts—that she believed would easily dissolve over the course of a week.

But to Susie's dismay, these thoughts failed to go away; instead, her thoughts seemed to thrive more than ever. She would imagine Magolor in her daydreams and dreams, always accompanied by no one except herself. In Susie's dreams, they would happily frolic in flower fields, go on small adventures, and continue their deep conversations. Soon, these thoughts became a hindrance to Susie, as she repeatedly found herself unable to do anything while these thoughts were present. She could barely even listen to Magolor speak due to the frequency of her daydreams!

It was the Monday of the next week in particular which made Susie realize why she had been thinking about Magolor so much. On this day in particular, Magolor and Susie were eating lunch together—she had cooked soup for both of them—while discussing repairs that needed to be done to the Lor. Just as Magolor finished swallowing the first mouthful of soup, he began to speak.

"The Lor is running quite low on energy, so we should start looking for the Lor's energy spheres to power it again."

"Yes, we should! It'd be nice to have the Lor working properly," enthusiastically said Susie, excited about Magolor's idea, mainly because it meant she'd get to spend more time with him. As soon as she spoke, an unusual thought slipped into her mind, a daydream stranger than normal. She tried to block out the daydream from her mind but failed to do so, so once again she found herself immersed in a fictitious scenario featuring both Magolor and herself.

In this daydream, Susie imagined herself searching for energy spheres with Magolor. It was extremely cold and snowy, so they were wearing typical cold weather clothes: puffy jackets, hats and mittens. However, as they walked, a gust of wind blew off one of Susie's mittens, exposing her right hand to the cold.

"No! My mitten! Now my right hand is going to be cold," she stated dejectedly, the once excited look on her face beginning to disappear. In an attempt to make her feel better, Magolor gently placed his left hand in her right hand, holding it firmly.

"Now your hand should be warm!" he stated contently, his face turning bright red, almost matching the color of a maxim tomato. Susie—whose face was also bright red—smiled at Magolor.

"Thanks, Magolor!" He was always so kind to her, and even the small gestures he made like this one made her so happy. With Magolor's current gesture of kindness, she decided that it was finally time that she told him something she had been meaning to tell him for a while now. Nervously turning to face Magolor, she began to speak.

"Magolor, I... I..." her voice faltered, seemingly nervous to say the words she desperately wanted to say.

"You know you can always tell me anything, right? If you don't feel comfortable telling me what you wanted to say right now, that's completely ok," said Magolor, reaching for Susie's other hand. Susie nodded in agreement, her cheeks blushing an even darker shade of red. With both of their hands interlocked, they were now facing each other. Susie used this as an opportunity to gaze at his bright yellow eyes. She knew she shouldn't stare at them, but they were so captivating that she just couldn't look away. Gathering herself, Susie began to speak.