Chapter 4: Past Decisions

It was a chilly Tuesday morning—5:30 AM to be exact—when Susie woke up, once again, in Magolor's bed. This time, however, she woke up before Magolor, and after glancing around the room, noticed that Magolor was fast asleep on the floor, utilizing his cape as a blanket. Seeing this made Susie feel somewhat guilty; he was sleeping on the floor solely for her to sleep comfortably! Rapidly, Susie got to her feet, and as gently as she could, picked up Magolor and placed him on his bed.

"You've done so much for me, and yet, I've done nothing for you..." solemnly whispered Susie, tucking Magolor into his bed sheets. "Today, I'm going to alter that!" Slightly grinning, she rushed out of the room, determined to find something to do for Magolor. As she walked into the Lor's main room, she immediately noticed the terrible condition of the Lor's control panel. To Susie's delight and discust, the control panel was grimy and dusty, looking as if it hadn't been cleaned in decades.

"This is perfect— I'll clean the Lor's control panel for Magolor!" silently exclaimed Susie, beginning to smile. Quickly, she got to work, enthusiastically wiping off the dust that had built up on the control panel. She hoped to finish cleaning before Magolor woke up, planning to pleasantly surprise him with the spotless control panel. She could imagine him beaming at her for this gesture, elated that she had done something out of the kindness of her heart for him. Then, she would finally have done enough to feel somewhat deserving of everything that Magolor had recently done for her.

After three whole hours of cleaning, the control panel was spotless. Wiping it down one last time, Susie deemed it ready to present to Magolor.

"I can't wait for Magolor to see this!" ecstatically stated Susie, beaming at the clean control panel. "Now all I have left to do is to wait until Magolor wakes up."

Half an hour later, Magolor woke up to the irritating, ear piercing sound of his morning 10:00 AM alarm. Lazily, he opened his eyes, immediately realizing that he was no longer was on the floor; instead, he was in his own bed, snuggly wrapped around numerous blankets. Glancing around the room, he noticed that Susie—whom he had originally placed in his bed—was gone. Worried by Susie's sudden disappearance, Magolor quickly got up, looking around the room.

"Where's Susie?" thought Magolor, walking out of his room at a fast pace. Intending to locate Susie before anything terrible could occur to her, Magolor began to enter each of the Lor's rooms. Finally, after thoroughly searching various rooms, Maglor found her in the room with the control panel.

"You're finally awake!" exclaimed Susie, energetically running up to Magolor. "The control panel was really dirty, so I cleaned it! What do you think?" Beaming, Susie gestured towards the Lor's control panel; in response, Magolor faked a smile, hiding the sudden worry he felt when Susie mentioned the control panel. The last time he utilized the Lor's control panel, there were notices about certain things which played a role in his villainous past. He feared that if Susie saw these notices, she would immediately realize that he was a villain and end their friendship. Now looking at Susie, Magolor, preparing himself to speak, forced a joyful expression on his face, not wanting Susie to think that he didn't appreciate her act of kindness.

"The control panel looks great Susie, but did you by any chance... test it?" calmly questioned Magolor, attempting to mask the dread and worry bottled up inside of him. Rapidly, Susie responded, her face reddened with embarrassment.

"No, I forgot to test it... I'll do that right now!" Before Magolor could protest, Susie activated the control panel. To Magolor's horror, pictures and information regarding Landia and the Master Crown appeared on the screen, along with a warning that the Lor had loss of all 120 of its energy spheres. Magolor stared at the screen in utter disbelief, trembling with fear at the information that had just been unleashed. Although he had always known that he couldn't contain his past forever, Magolor never imagined that it would find its way back to him so soon. Confused, Susie turned to Magolor, unsure of what the information on the screen meant.