2

The black-haired man drove quietly with his husband's music playlist played as a background. Said husband was sitting in the passenger seat looking outside the window, seeming happy. They finally decided to take another big step for their family.

Shota briefly looked at his purple-haired son through the rearview mirror. 

"Hitoshi, are you sure he's still there?" They were about to adopt another boy from the same orphanage as their son. Hitoshi often talked about his best friend from when he stayed there, and since Hizashi was pretty insistent on adopting another kid, it seemed like a good idea to adopt him too.

"I really hope so." the teenager answered, looking at him.

Once they all arrived at the orphanage, Shota and Hizashi quickly remembered why they were so glad they took away Hitoshi from that place. It was a very tattered building, the kids inside looked unhappy, and the caretakers were pretty incompetent.

They tried to ask to see the kid, but their request was quickly denied as the workers said they had to compile many documents before meeting him. The couple knew some things about the kid, so they could trust Hitoshi's description of the problematic child and just sign the papers.

Hitoshi got to see his friend for a second. He walked out of the dormitory with training clothes and some fresh bruises on his neck, barely visible. He wondered what happened to him.

Izuku reached the entrance door and announced that he was leaving, quickly disappearing behind the door.

Shota looked at Hitoshi as Hizashi was being pushier with the requests and asked for the adoption papers. "Was that him?"

The boy nodded, and the caretaker interrupted their small conversation by adding unnecessary comments on Izuku. "He is just a thug, you're wasting your time with him."

Hizashi yanked the papers out of the man's hands, looking angry. If that was their way of changing their minds, it just made them more convinced about their choice.

They were given some more documents about Izuku and were quickly dismissed, so they had to visit a few other times.

Once they had read the boy's file, Hizashi and Shota quickly regretted not adopting him sooner. He really had it bad. The boy was abused by his father, and his mother died in a fire accident after he got diagnosed as quirkless at four years old. Since he had no other relatives, he had to be put up for adoption.

Izuku got fostered twice before, but it didn't last long. Both families complained that he was aggressive and stole things, often sneaking out at night. The kid was indeed particular; Hitoshi said that he talked with his imaginary friends way too much to be normal.

Some problems were to be expected from a child with severe trauma.

Hizashi was very excited about the new addition to the family and asked Hitoshi for some advice to decorate the boy's room.

Apparently, he was pretty nerdy and a big fan of heroes, so he did his best to prepare him a nice room with some hero merch that could be still be personalized as he wished. He was most proud of his little Present Mic plush that he placed on the bed.

The day they got to sign the final document came, and they couldn't wait to bring Izuku home.

══════════════════

"You're adopted. Pack your bags, and don't come back here. Today is your last day."

Izuku was shocked. He couldn't process what was happening. Whispering in his head was loud, but this time it wasn't too annoying.

We're finally leaving!

I wonder how much time this will last. I say two months at most.

He ignored the thoughts that weren't his and began packing his stuff. He didn't have much, so it didn't take too long. The rest of his day went pretty slowly. When he finally laid in his bed, he felt good. It didn't occur often.

The night before, he dreamt of his mother, he didn't really remember her. In his dream, her face was blurred, he saw her dark green hair and remembered her warmth. She told him that this time everything was going to be okay. 

When Izuku woke up, he was sitting at the table with a bowl of cereals in front of him. He obviously didn't remember getting up, but he was used to it. Once he looked up from his bowl, he saw two familiar men sitting at the other side of the table.

Since he was still pretty sleepy, he didn't mind them, but milk went up to his nose when he saw his childhood friend standing beside them.

"I was waiting for a nice reaction," Shinso spoke with a smirk on his face. "Did you miss me?" Suddenly Izuku stood up and jumped on his friend, hugging him tightly. The purple-haired boy hugged back as he felt his shoulder getting slightly damp.

Hizashi stood up and patted Izuku on the shoulder. "Welcome to the family, little listener!" Shota stood a bit farther, smiling softly, not wanting to interrupt the boys' moment.

When they both introduced themselves a few minutes later, Izuku had another heart attack. They were definitely familiar, but he wouldn't ever have imagined to be standing in front of two heroes.

The boy stared at them dumbly. "Are you being serious? This can't be true! Where are the cameras..." Hitoshi snickered, he never saw Izuku being that shocked. 

"You're coming home with us! Feel free to call me Zashi, or dad!" The blond man said, or rather shouted. "You should go take your bags so we can head home as soon as we can!"

The kid ran immediately to his room to pick his bags and returned after a few minutes with sparkling eyes.

"Is that everything you have?" Hizashi said as he picked up the half-full backpack. "We could go out and do a little shopping once you're adjusted."

They walked to the car, Izuku felt nervous and excited at the same time. He spent the whole ride looking out the window with his head resting on Hitoshi's shoulder. Izuku was finally reunited with his best friend, he just had to be patient. 

Maybe his mom was right, after all. He did feel like he could finally be happy. Even though he felt safe, everyone in his head was screaming the exact opposite, but he didn't mind them for once.

A/N

hello again! as I'm rereading the chapter to publish them, I have to say that they're not the best... :') but! I think they're still better than the previous book! hope you enjoyyyyyy <3