A few days passed, Kitsu didn't have the chance to go out and retrieve the things that he had scattered around during his escape attempt. Aizawa increased the security around his house, so it was pretty impossible to sneak out now. Of course, everyone was mad at Kitsu.

They probably had to buy everything once again, but even that was nearly impossible. Izuku surely couldn't go out alone anymore, and how could he get the gadgets that someone lost without getting questioned.

No more mistakes were allowed. That meant avoiding direct conversation with Izuku, which would probably make it harder for the boy. At least until they decided to confront him and tell him what was actually going on. He was pretty confused; they had never interacted with him in that way, it was unexpected.

When Izuku went downstairs to have lunch, Hizashi started suggesting that they went out in the afternoon to buy everything Izuku needed and have some time together to "bond." The freckled boy was tired, his mind was tired. Even if his head was quiet, It was full of chaos. 

He mindlessly nodded as he ate in silence. Since that night, he felt a bit awkward around the two adults, mostly Aizawa. Once they went to the mall, Izuku realized how overwhelmed he actually was, not that he could say something without being bothersome. 

The loud hero excitedly dragged him around the shops, insisting that he tried several pieces of clothing that weren't really his style or his size. He was rather small for his age. 

Once they convinced Izuku to choose something, they walked towards the food court. Izuku stood next to Hitoshi, a bit uncomfortable, but the situation wasn't too bad. 

That was until some spiky blond hair caught his attention.

Izuku suddenly froze in place. His throat closed and hot and cold flashes hit him, his hands beginning to shake. Hitoshi noticed and turned to him "is everything alright?"

No, of course not. He was beginning to panic, his breathing sped up and his vision got blurry. Suddenly Daeril switched with him, taking control of the body. Izuku was put in a safe place in the inner world, away from danger. In a few seconds, everything was alright.

The purple-haired boy looked at his friend, or at least what he thought was his friend. "Izuku" flashed a small smile, it didn't look forced but it didn't reach his eyes.

"Are you ok?" Hitoshi asked, examining his friend. For a moment, it was obvious that he wasn't ok, then he turned as cold as ice.

Daeril took a moment to look around and understand the situation, "a-ah, yes. Just a bit of stomach ache, must be hunger." Hitoshi did not look too convinced.

"Don't worry, little listener! We're going to get food!" Hizashi exclaimed and the alter did his best to not look annoyed, he wasn't exactly a fan of him.

His eyes finally laid on what caused Izuku to panic and a wave of anger hit him. His hand automatically slid under the shirt sleeve, his fingers gently stroking the scars on his arm.

Izuku's tormentor was there, of course he panicked. He attempted to collect himself, ignoring the flashing memories of Izuku standing on the edge of the roof, ready to let himself fall.

Aizawa looked attentively at the small boy, following his gaze. "Do you know that person?"

Inside their mind was a little one, trying to get out to play with his childhood best friend. Daeril couldn't let him out, of course, so he did his best to calm and stay grounded without drawing too much attention. 

Once Aizawa's question reached him, he clenched his fists. A thousand thoughts ran through his mind, struggling to find the right thing to say. It wasn't like he could just run his mouth and say "it's the bitch that used Izuku as a punching bag and told him to fucking kill himself-"

Shit.

He said that out loud, didn't he? Why did they all have the same stupid habit?

The loud hero immediately went quiet, the quiet and tired one looked like he was about to scream and Hitoshi just looked at him with wide eyes.

"I-I was just mumbling... p-please ignore what I said!" Ugh, forced stuttering is really exhausting!

They didn't seem convinced with his words, at all. After some staring, they dropped it, probably noticing how stressed he looked.

══════════════════

Aizawa didn't like this at all. It hasn't even been a week, and it was already obvious that this kid experienced way too much trauma. They had to find a therapist as soon as they could.

One of those days he had passed the boy's room and heard him crying and breathing really hard, probably having a panic attack. Aizawa tried knocking and asked if he could be helpful in some way, but he was rejected. 

Of course, he saw how scared of the fire the boy was. One night Hizashi insisted on cooking, it didn't end well. He put the wooden spoon he was using too close to the stove and it caught fire. As soon as Izuku noticed, his eyes grew wide and immediately started spiraling into a panic attack.

The thing that worried him more, was how Izuku acted after this type of things. The scared look in his eyes disappeared, revealing an ice-cold stare that could freeze you in place and acted like nothing happened.

There were times when the boy was completely absent, if asked a question it would take him up to a minute to answer.

Aizawa was starting to understand that this was just the demo of a game called "this bad boy can fit so much fucking trauma in him".

Unfortunately, even Hitoshi didn't know much about Izuku's trauma, so he had to unlock the kid's tragic past by himself. After the casual "mumbling" of today, he discovered something he wasn't too happy to know about.

And to be honest, Aizawa didn't expect the polite kid to swear in that way.

The trio collectively decided to go with Izuku's lie, not wanting to stress him too much. When they finally sat to eat, a message popped on Aizawa's phone. It was from detective Tsukauchi. 

He grabbed his phone and called the detective, hoping to receive some good news.

"Please tell me you got a lead or something." He wasn't happy to hear a sigh from the other end.

Apparently, the blood that was found outside Izuku's room was contaminated, and therefore, the results were not reliable. Aizawa groaned, not content with the news. He pinched the bridge of his nose, already feeling the incoming headache.

He slammed his fist on the table as he hung up. Hizashi patted his husband's back, trying to comfort him. 

══════════════════

Daeril was observing the black-haired man, trying to overheard his conversation on the phone. When he understood that Aizawa found some blood the other day, he made a mental note to not let Kitsu get out for a while since it was his fault, but he was immediately relieved when he heard that they couldn't get any result out of it.

However, they could still be in danger. Izuku was still in danger.

They had to do everything in their power to protect him while doing their jobs. 

A/N

Hellooo!! This chapter was modified quite a bit. I think it's better this way, but I'm not totally satisfied with it. Anyways, thanks for reading! I hope you enjoyed <3