Chapter 4 - The Fourth Night

Dear Anonymous Gryffindork,

I'm bored. Captured Harrison from the owlery to accompany me to the library, hope you don't mind. Chat?

If you're up to it, favorite spell?

Draco

Dear Draco,

Ah, thank Merlin I'm not in the library now. I was an hour ago, that would've been awkward.

Of course I'm up for a chat. You can borrow Harrison if you want some company, he's friendly and he likes you. What brand of owl treat do you use, by the way? His feathers are positively glowing.

My favorite spell? I don't know, my favorite might be too revealing. My second one too, probably. My third favorite spell might be reparo. Dead useful, given how clumsy I am. What's yours?

Love,
Your Secret Admirer

Dear Anonymous Gryffindork,

Damn. I can't believe I missed you! It's all Pansy's fault, she had me charming her wardrobe for her to make her clothes fitter and prettier for a date, in exchange for free chocolate frogs until Christmas. Don't tell anyone, but yes, I love that tacky Honeydukes treat.

I use Willow's Owls'. Seriously, you can buy Eeylops' owls, but not its owl treats. Willow's has the best nutrients for owls. I currently have salmon-flavored ones; Harrison seems to like them.

Reparo? Understandable, haha. Mine? Probably the Disillusionment Charm. Comes in handy when I want to take a walk in peace.

Ever gotten a T on anything?

Draco

Dear Draco,

Well, I give my thanks to Parkinson, then.

Chocolate frogs? Really? Even I didn't know! Sneaky. But you really don't strike me as someone that would love something so... common. I bet you throw out the cards and think they're utter rubbish :).

I asked one of my friends about Willow's. Seems pretty pricey for owl treats, I've got to say. Maybe I'll try buying some if I ever come across the store. I know for a fact Harrison loves fish though. My old owl used to come back with dead mice all the time but this one only brings back fish bones.

Didn't know you were the type to take walks (but that's probably because you keep putting yourself under disillusionment). I like taking walks too. Preferably at night.

No, but I did get my share of a handful of Ds. I cannot imagine you getting anything lower than an A.

Love,
Your Secret Admirer

Dear Anonymous Gryffindork,

You are absolutely correct about the cards. I don't even give them to my friends that collect them, I vanish them and lecture said friends about how stupid it is to collect the cards.

Ah. That explains why Harrison is extra affectionate today. Not that he wasn't before, he's delightful. I'll keep that in mind.

You go out of bed at night? You must be really good then, not being caught. We might've even crossed paths without knowing.