Chapter 6 - The Sixth Night

Friday night on-live in the Slytherin common room was 'spin the bottle.' Draco could cope with it, there wasn't that much noise since there was so much snogging going on. Plus, Pansy wasn't shrieking.

Whistling to himself, he added some final touches and charms to properly stabilize his blanket fort. He had used spare bed sheets for the outside, his comforters for cushioning the ground. He cast some enchanted balls of light to float around in the little niche of his.

Draco crawled inside the little one-man fort. There was a tiny conjured desk, laid with fresh parchment, ink, and quill, not to mention boxes of chocolate frogs a very disgruntled Pansy bought for him.

His admirer was right, blanket forts were truly amazing.

He had already bitten off a chocolate frog's head when a tiny furball came half-flying, half-bouncing into his little fort.

"I left the window open? Huh. No wonder I had to cast extra-strong Heating Charms," he half-said to himself, half to Harrison.

Harrison hooted as if amused, then tilted up his leg. Smiling, Draco undid the usual red bow he had now been so accustomed to and levitated it outside of his fort to lay neatly on his bedstand with the other twenty-six ribbons. He'd already conjured a wooden box in his warded drawer to hold the immense number of letters.

Dear Draco,

Evening :). It's Friday night, which means partying for your dormmates, which means... blanket fort? I'm dying to know if you've tried it yet.

Not that you need to know, but it's a milestone for me- I've got a dreamless, five-hour sleep last night! It's all thanks to you. Thank you for your support, you're really kind.

Are you working on anything now? I don't want to disturb you.

Love,
Your Secret Admirer

Dear Anonymous Gryffindork,

Evening to you too :). Yes, I'm currently in my blanket fort. It's amazing, I don't think I can get out of it.

I'm just glad I was of any help and so happy that your insomnia is improving. It's nothing, really. I love talking to you a lot, I feel very relaxed. You're a very good friend/pen pal :).

No, I'm not working on anything. The Arithmancy essay you may or may not also have can wait. I'm actually planning on only chatting with you tonight if that's okay with you ;).

What are you doing tomorrow?

Draco

Dear Draco,

Ah, the magic of the Holy blanket fort. It's addictive.

You're so sweet, and I'm so happy you enjoy this as much as I do. You have no idea how happy I am right now. You're a killer friend/pen pal :D.

You reserved your Friday night for me? I am positive my blush is burning to my neck. Of course I'm up to it.

As to what I'm doing tomorrow, I think I might visit Hogsmeade, but I won't tell you when ;). I've got to stock up on some stuff, supplies have been running low. We might even cross paths without you knowing if you show up at the right time and right place.

By the way, I love how the wind nipped at your cheeks and made you so rosy today. It's really cute ;).

Looking forward to Hogsmeade,
Your Secret Admirer